Interesting new YouTube channel

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Yes, exactly... followed alex's video.   I have an older favorite set, but I bought this set because it was cheaper than replacing the few missing pushers, and I figured I'd get a whole set of stumps as well. That set cleaned up great following Alex's instructions.
    • OP says that htre balance oscillates OK. It is possible that the missing cap stone is 'replaced' by piece of main spring under the stone plate. It is just a filling that i have...
    • I own the original Omega professional Speedmaster Mark II (1975, 861 movement), which is stunning, but my real love is the 861 "Moon-watch". Looking at the prices asked for these real "moon-watches", I'm afraid that one will stay a dream and the Mark II will be as close as I will ever get ........which is pretty darn close, so no complains here !! 🙂 However, today I discovered the Pagani Design PD-1701 V3, a design "borrowed" from the Omega Speedmaster. It has a terrible Seiko VK63 quartz movement 😔, but with (at least something) a mechanical chronograph 😃. My Mark II has a mineral glass crystal and I'm scared to scratch it, so sadly, despite I wished for that it could be different, it won't be my daily watch. The Pagani PD-1701 V3 may just fill the gap; a "moon-watch" look, sapphire crystal and for "no" money; € 120 including shipment ....... The reviews are good, so I ordered one ...... 🤗 If, at a certain moment, it gets too "quartzy" for me, I can swap to the real deal 😎 Very curious about this Pagani 🫣   I'm certainly not into quartz movements / watches, but I have to say that I'm impressed how the VK63 is build; my hats off !    
    • Sooo, after initially following @HectorLooi's advice and kinda abandoning this project and then following @VWatchie's advice of waiting patiently for a good deal on a complete set, my moment has come: For an incredible 125 EUR, I managed to get a pristine (basically unused) "new style" Steiner set. It's the large set with the center wheel runner. In addition to two perfect lantern discs (hidden under the covers), a another perfect pair of spare runners were also included.  The burnisher was not included, but after such a bargain on the tool, I treated myself to a new Bergeon burnisher. And a pair of retractable keyholders ;-).  Now I need to practice. 
    • You mean remove/ detach  the balance complete from the cock, not remove the hairspring.  So, you should dismantle the cock setting to check for possible  damage to the end stone caused by bad pivot end, also as John said to clean the jewels there.