Waltham Winding Stem Replacement

I am very new to watch repair and need some advice. I am trying to repair a Waltham winder. I have the stem out but as you can see it is bent. My hope is to order a new stem, crystal, and crown, but I am not able to identify the proper replacement. The options are just too many. 

The stem length is 12.5 mm but is broken off. The crown diameter is 4.25 mm on a comparable Waltham but it is missing the gold plating. 

I would be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Would Esslinger send the correct stem with the photo?

Thank you,

Waltham Winder Inside.jpg

Waltham Winder Stem.jpg

Waltham Winder.jpg

This is one of the Swiss Walthams, they used a lot of ETA movements. Hopefully you will be able to see the ETA mark and movement number under the balance wheel. Your movement photo is not clear enough nor zoomed in enough to see it here. Hopefully this will help get you on track as with a manufacturer and movement number it will be easier to search for parts.

Tom

• Like 1

Thank you for your help! The numbers under the balance are AS ST 1802 / 03. I have written Esslinger for part numbers on a new stem, crown, and crystal. 

If you have any other guidance, please let me know.  I also have a Waltham self-winder I was able to get working. 

The support on this forum has been most helpful. Attaching better photos.

Waltham Winder Inside Close Up.jpg

Waltham Winder Side View for Crown.jpg

Waltham Winder Stem Close Up.jpg

• Like 1

I'd say good job so far as I don't see any finger prints on this beautiful dial and it be shame if you end up having to remove it to access the keyless, you see sometimes the stem doesn't want to engage and lock onto the keyless mech (even if you had observed the proper proceedure for pulling  the stem out )

Surely you know, the set lever screw is only to be loosened about one to one and half turns, as it might release the set lever if you loosen it more.

Push on the set lever screw as you insert the new stem in and ( turn the stem a little as you are inserting the stem)  then tighten the screw, next pull the stem outwards to the SET TIME POSITION , you will by then know if the stem has engaged and locked onto the keyless or not. 

If it hasn't, pull the stem outwards before loosening the little screw, this will set/ leave  the keyless in The SET TIME position, then loosen the screw and pull the stem out to retry inserting the stem.

Hope I am clear to understand and this helps. 

Rgds

• Like 1