Issues with Timex Expedition second hand

Hi, I have a Timex expedition that has given me problems more or less since I bought it.

First, the backlight died after a few months of use. After around 1 year, the battery died. After that, it's been sitting in a drawer for around 2 years. A while back, I changed the battery in it (duracell), and now the second hand is behaving really weird. Sometimes it goes forward, sometimes it goes backwards, and sometimes it's stuck. A couple of days ago, I pulled the crown all the way out and pushed it back in. Then it kept time for around 16 hours before the second hand started acting up again.

*please upload images to forum*
See here the behaviour of the second hand

I have a kit for basic watch maintenance, but I wouldn't know where to look for the issue. I have no experience working with watches, but seeing as it costs more to repair this than buying a new one, I thought it would be a good opportunity to learn something about watch maintenance/repair. I would really appreciate some help to diagnose this issue!

I am not sure if it's related or not, but the date doesn't seem to change properly either.

Many thanks!

There is no fix to the idiglo feature.  Likely the movement was defective and if it had been sent back to Timex under warranty they would have replaced the movement or offered you a level of exchange.  frankly speaking other than learning how Indiglo works or how to remove the stem there is not much to learn from a dead Timex quartz movement.