Thank you gift for long serving employees

Hey guys,

My wife and I started our little company in Borneo back in 03. When covid hit and things got crazy, I stumbled down the horological rabbit hole. I fell HARD. Next thing I know, I'm on this forum, modding, assembling, and restoring old watches.

The wife, bless her heart, she put her foot down and said I cannot buy or make any more watches for myself. Well, a horological addict is still a addict and I am no quitter. So I figured, why not make some watches for my employees who have been with us for over a decade, they deserve something special. It sure is not for me.

So the planning started early this year, scouring the interwebs for parts that will scratch this itch and make my watchmaking dreams come true. It was a tough slog, looking at all those tempting parts, dials, hands, cases and movements. I think I managed to gather all the parts that I needed and with some waiting, elbow grease and much choice swearing, I think I put together what I want to gift my guys and gals.

So here's what is wild. I got about 40 of these things to make by the middle of the year. FORTY. Its like I got a whole watch making factory in my actual factory.

Wish me luck folks, I am on a watchmaking mission, and nothing is going to stop me. Except maybe the wife, if she finds out how many watches I'm really making.

Stephen

20230320_205249~2.JPG

20230320_200752.JPG

20230320_194155.JPG

20230320_193753.JPG

20230320_193640.JPG

20230320_193415.JPG

20230320_192201.JPG

20230315_142453.jpeg

Edited by suomaf
spelling and grammar
  • Like 3

So the next thing on the list to have the case back engraved. My hand writing sucks, and the wife is definitely not going to allow me to get a fibre laser. So Youtube and this forum to the rescue.

Seems like nothing a little vinegar, salt, a trip to the hard ware store and a 9 volt battery cannot fix. Still working on how to get everything coming pretty, but its on its way.

The plan is have each employee's name "engraved" on the caseback.

• Like 1