Can't set day wheel on new Seiko sur495.

Hey 🙂 So I recently purchased a new Seiko sur495. I went to set the day for the first time after wearing it for a couple weeks, and as I was scrolling through the days, it stopped in between a day. I can't scroll anymore to set the day. The day wheel is still moving like it's supposed to throughout the day so far since it's not in between a day anymore, but I can't set it. 

Whats the likely cause of this? And is it worth getting it repaired since the watch is about $200? 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 🙂

What were the hands presenting (what time was showing) when you tried to make this adjustment?

Pull out the crown to the first click.
2. Turn the crown until the previous day’s date appears in the calendar frame.
3. Turn the crown in the opposite direction until the desired language (bilingual) for the day
before the desired day appears in the calendar frame.
* For Cal. 7009 and 7019, push the crown back in to the normal position and then push it repeatedly
to set the day.
4. Pull out the crown to the second click, and advance the hour and minute hands until the
desired date and day appears.
* If your watch has three hands, pull out the crown when the second hand is pointing to 12 o’clock.
5. Adjust the time by turning the crown in the desired direction.
6. Push the crown back in to the normal position.
* If your watch has three hands, push the crown back in to the normal position in accordance with a
time signal for “00” seconds.
Notes on calendar setting:
1 Do not change the calendar between 9:00 P.M. and 4:00 A.M, as it may not change
properly. If it is necessary to set the calendar during that time period, first change the
time to any time outside those hours, set the calendar and then reset the correct time.
2 When the day shifts automatically to the next day, the other language will temporarily
appear

Edited by LittleWatchShop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

What were the hands presenting (what time was showing) when you tried to make this adjustment?

Pull out the crown to the first click.
2. Turn the crown until the previous day’s date appears in the calendar frame.
3. Turn the crown in the opposite direction until the desired language (bilingual) for the day
before the desired day appears in the calendar frame.
* For Cal. 7009 and 7019, push the crown back in to the normal position and then push it repeatedly
to set the day.
4. Pull out the crown to the second click, and advance the hour and minute hands until the
desired date and day appears.
* If your watch has three hands, pull out the crown when the second hand is pointing to 12 o’clock.
5. Adjust the time by turning the crown in the desired direction.
6. Push the crown back in to the normal position.
* If your watch has three hands, push the crown back in to the normal position in accordance with a
time signal for “00” seconds.
Notes on calendar setting:
1 Do not change the calendar between 9:00 P.M. and 4:00 A.M, as it may not change
properly. If it is necessary to set the calendar during that time period, first change the
time to any time outside those hours, set the calendar and then reset the correct time.
2 When the day shifts automatically to the next day, the other language will temporarily
appear

Thanks for the help and the informative reply!! This fixed the problem. Didn't know how to set it I guess 😑 I appreciate it.