Made my own screwdriver sharpening holder!

Hi All

I love a challenge!  decided to make my own screwdriver holder rather than buy one!  Had all the materials except the bearings which were AU$7.00 each.  Works a treat, and as luck would have it, the angle it rests on the stone at is the perfect angle for sharpening!

FYI - the stone is a Fallkniven knife sharpener. Has a finer metalised surface on the reverse side.

IMG_5126.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5130.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

Edited by Jonno65
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I have a screwdriver holder, never used it.  I discovered blades were cheap.  Hehe. Good work though. 

That thought crossed my mind too!  I typically will buy what I need - or want (haha) but I have a lathe and a milling machine and I seem to look at these things and think, I could make that!  Keeps the mind occupied and help to figure out problems.  Take the centre screw, the reason it has a large blank shoulder under the thmb screw is because my taps are short, so had to work around that!  I wanted the bearings to be press fit, but one is and one isn't!

• Like 1