Movement "suddenly" stopped working after dial switch

So the scenario is that I am quite new to watch repair and have managed to take apart and repair a few vintage watches, so got a basic understanding of things, but no where near pro level.
I was to help out a friend to do a simple dial switch on a relative new GMT movement, not sure which one it is as there are no serials etc. on it.
When I was taking it apart everything looked good and it ran like it should. The new dial had four dial pins, and I needed to get rid of two of them to make the dial fit. So after a few weeks when I received the file I was able to make it flush and could put the dial on the movement. However, this is where the problem begun. 
At this stage I tried to wind it up to see that It worked properly and that the balance was moving nicely etc. But when winding it, it felt strange somehow. And the balance doesn't move by itself, just for a few sec when I'm blowing some air on it. I thought maybe there are some GMT special setting (as the winding stem can be pushed in slightly) that made the movement stop first, but can't seem to find any support when searching google for that. 

I recorded a video of it, mostly to show the sound as I was hoping someone could tell if it is supposed to sound like that or if there are some clue that could be found in the troubleshooting. Not sure what else has gone wrong. I've been gently when working on it, but maybe not gently enough...? 

Any tip would be appreciated!

Link to the video 

Hi. I take it you took off the dial and tried again, if so what is likely to have happened is a displaced keyless work.  You will need to remove the calendar complication to be able to see the works and discern the problem.  A picture of the watch without the date ring would be useful as members can see what you have got and offer advise. Cheers

• Like 1

18 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi. I take it you took off the dial and tried again, if so what is likely to have happened is a displaced keyless work.  You will need to remove the calendar complication to be able to see the works and discern the problem.  A picture of the watch without the date ring would be useful as members can see what you have got and offer advise. Cheers

Thank you for your replay! I put up some photos of it without the calander ring, hope it helps! 

011011722(1).jpg

011011722(0).jpg

011011722(2).jpg

If you look at the intermediate wheel between the hour wheel and the date driving wheel it looks like it is upside down. It may be the angle but it looks like the pinion should be downward to engage the tenth of the date drive wheel. This could be pressed by the dial and therefore stopping the motion works.

Tom

Also, the missing intermediate wheel is on back side of the plate among other wheels! 

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

20 minutes ago, tomh207 said:

If you look at the intermediate wheel between the hour wheel and the date driving wheel it looks like it is upside down. It may be the angle but it looks like the pinion should be downward to engage the tenth of the date drive wheel. This could be pressed by the dial and therefore stopping the motion works.

Tom

Thank you! I'll take a look at that when I get home soon! 

47 minutes ago, tomh207 said:

Tom

Never seen a third layer of teeth before but there you go. So that shouldn't be the cause of the problem, seem to work as it should!

20230311_131637.JPG

It seems to be working after a few winds for a couple of seconds, and then come to a stop. Mainspring issue? Gah, really would like to avoid taking it apart.