Omega pocket watch

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum. We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement.  When it comes to tools buy the best you can afford a good set of watch makers screwdrivers if you look after them will last you a life time. I recommend Dumont tweezers Number 3 and number 5 for fine work, you can build up from there. You will need different strength eye glasses. Some now like to work using a microscope. Pliers the box jointed ones are best they don't go out of line.     
    • That we will, don’t really mind what the movement is, I’d like to find info on the maker, google is a little sparse and none of my reference books are coming up with anything 
    • Welcome to the forum, enjoy. Purchasing the best quality tools (if affordable) is the best option. However the skill of how to use them is even more important. 
    • My guess, a pin pallet, BFG? We'll see. 
    • @Randy55 welcome, here are some  screwdrivers I can highly recommend, not the cheapest out there, but I prefer them to my Bergeon ones.: And for tweezers I can't recommend highly enough the CousinsUK own brand titanium (link here), I even prefer them to the Dumont tweezers I have, here is my write up: Other piece of advice would be to 'cut to the chase' and get a trinocular microscope on a boom arm, I tried all kinds of loupes and visors etc, but now do 90% of my work on the scope.