Hello again. Advice please.

My bride has a watch that she has owned for 50 years. It is not working and she asked me to repair it. 

I've done service on the dead watch and it is now working. Sekonda ladies 17 jewel. Movement marked 256. I am pleased with it. However she has lost the crown. Just the stem was visible. Therefore I need to obtain a crown. My problem is, I don't know how to size correctly. The stem screw size is 0.7.mm. I see averts for various size crowns, but there is no mention for the thread. Can someone help and give me advice please.

2 photographs attached

1. Movement and stem.

2. Movement, stem and case. 

Thank you

Ross

CM230215-142338002.jpg

CM230215-142539003.jpg

11 minutes ago, JohnFrum said:

Thank you. I can see it is tap 12. 

Have an equivalent size watch and the crown diameter is 4.5mm. Still not sure how to order

Is this suitable

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125450070995

Edited by rossjackson01
more information

• 1 month later...

I know this is an older thread, but not having seen any help on the Esslinger site, what do they mean by measure the diameter of the threads?  Should I just use a vernier micrometer, and see what the thickness (diameter) of the stem is (possibly that is what they mean by diameter of the threads?  It say 1.15mm, but that is in between tap sizes it appears.

11 hours ago, kd8tzc said:

I know this is an older thread, but not having seen any help on the Esslinger site, what do they mean by measure the diameter of the threads?  Should I just use a vernier micrometer, and see what the thickness (diameter) of the stem is (possibly that is what they mean by diameter of the threads?  It say 1.15mm, but that is in between tap sizes it appears.

By looking at the chart I would go for Tap 7.  I use a cheap digital calliper. Works well for me. I always reset the calliper to zero before measurement. Hope this reply helps.

https://blog.esslinger.com/stem-tap-mm-size-cross-reference-chart/

Edited by rossjackson01
spelling
  • Like 1