Eliminator

Hi, until December last year, the only watch I had was my battered Granddads Medana pocket watch. Stopped wearing watches with the advent of mobile phones. (age giveaway there🙄

That never stopped me window gazing in shops though. I've since bought 5 watches. 

The Medana had a plastic dial cover which was yellowing. I thought to myself, let's see if I can do anything to make it better. Bought a glass, (should have bought acrylic) used clear jewellery adhesive to secure it. Removed the balance wheel, bit of a half hearted clean. 

Bought a few tools, since esculated. Aliexpress, bought some old scrap / non working watches to practice with. Bought a non working Waltham pocket watch, again to practice on, awaiting delivery. Bought another Waltham pocket watch, which is running, looks dirty lost 20 minutes over 12 hours!! After practicing on the non working one, I shall give this a strip down and clean. Had a close look at it while at work, using a VMM ( visual measuring machine) Capable of 900 times magnification😁 Jewels are dry and dirty. 

Anyway, that's my introduction. I'll probably be asking some dumb questions at some point..... 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...