Ebay and "just serviced"...

15 minutes ago, GuyMontag said:

n the original listing he framed and cropped the movement photo in such a way that you can't see the case clamps.

Yes I did notice that which is why I was curious about what the complete picture look like as to how he got around hiding them.

I have a link it's not exactly for watch repair but WD-40 isn't the best it will work if you have nothing else but. He has something else he prefers but I suspect any penetrating oil would be better than WD-40.

https://tooldigest.com/how-to-remove-rusted-screws/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnR725 said:

Yes I did notice that which is why I was curious about what the complete picture look like as to how he got around hiding them.

I have a link it's not exactly for watch repair but WD-40 isn't the best it will work if you have nothing else but. He has something else he prefers but I suspect any penetrating oil would be better than WD-40.

https://tooldigest.com/how-to-remove-rusted-screws/

Thanks, just added some to my amazon basket.

On 2/8/2023 at 5:17 PM, watchweasol said:

Hi Karl. Not naive just you have standards and expect others to have the same. EBay opens up a can of worms with mis information and downright bad practise and dishonesty and it buyer beware, with eBay there are many honest dealers who trade with care and have a reputation to up keep. Then there are others who are just after your cash and it’s a lottery as to what you get,they should be called out and rightly so. Unfortunately my experience with the arbitration service they offer is not good even when supplied with the evidence.  CAVEAT EMPTOR.     BUYER BEWARE.

I have had some dealings with a couple of dubious sellers in the past. Ebay did look after me at the time, being on my side after putting my point across. I mostly stick to the ones i know now and have developed a good rapport with them. 

4 hours ago, GuyMontag said:

I will just contact the seller and let them know what the issue is and leave it at that. I think a seller that would be willing to offer a refund would offer it without being specifically asked

I've also tried this and had a better response and outcome instead of raising a complaint with ebay. I bought a few job lots of small cases of labelled watch stems. When they arrived quite a few of the boxes had come open leaving a hundreds of jumbled up stems. So i let the seller know and sent him pictures of the sealed bags littered with loose stems. He apologised several times and offered to send more stems or a refund. I never even mentioned wanting a recompense and left the decision up to him. He actually did both and received a very positive feedback from me for his gesture. I did spend nearly two days though sorting out the mixed up stems, which was good because I'm bloody fantastic at measuring them up now 🙂.

• Like 3