Tudor--a fake??

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Usually Tudors indicate Chronometer on the dial

Depends on the model.

Looking at the Tudor website the model ranges that do not state "chronometer" or "officially certified" are the Ranger, Tudor Royal, 1926, and Clair De Rose.

LWS's watch looks similar to the styling in the 1926 range, although the current range appears to feature at least some numerals on the dials, I can't see one that is batons only, so the jury is still out.

• Thanks 1

Why not to glue a M10-Nut with Cyanoacrylat (Superglue..) to the back,

afterwards it should be possible to unglue with Acetone, this was the Solution

for some Cases as reported in this Forum. Or else buy a 5537-Clone Set from China......

regards,

Ernst

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sirius said:

for some Cases as reported in this Forum. Or else buy a 5537-Clone Set from China......

regards,

Ernst

That is a great method which have used. But I have never used it for reinstallation.

6 hours ago, Marc said:

Depends on the model.

Looking at the Tudor website the model ranges that do not state "chronometer" or "officially certified" are the Ranger, Tudor Royal, 1926, and Clair De Rose.

So, is the oscilator in above models  COSC certifed chronograde ?

Thats the $200  question. 

19 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

I need to get a tool to open these, but I don't want to spend real money...any ideas

I've seen people claim that the ball used for removing screw backs can remove Rolex backs but if the back is on really tight you do need the tool.

18 hours ago, Sirius said:

for some Cases as reported in this Forum.

Another thing the use rather than superglue is epoxy. The interesting thing with epoxy is that if you drop the back a pot of boiling water then there is no problem taking off whatever's glued together. I learned that trick from the material house the used it before removing crystals that were  epoxy  in the epoxy basically gets soft.

• Like 1

Listen to the heart. 

A low grade ETA  balance complete can be fitted into  a Chrono grade Tudor, but the Tudor  then runs only as good as a $400 west end watch. 

The tg print out you posted is a poor listener and analyzer, yet I believe you have a genuine Tudor. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 2:20 PM, LittleWatchShop said:

I got in trade for a clock repair. I put about $50 worth of parts in the clock

So, with a little more data, I will be convinced that it is genuine.  I will give it back to the guy I made the trade with.  At the time, I thought it was a copy and so did he.  He was kinda clueless, so whatever he thought about the watch is not a data point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

Yup.  Its the real deal.  Has an ETA 2824 movement.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:45 PM, Nucejoe said:

Listen to the heart. 

A low grade ETA  balance complete can be fitted into  a Chrono grade Tudor, but the Tudor  then runs only as good as a $400 west end watch. 

The tg print out you posted is a poor listener and analyzer, yet I believe you have a genuine Tudor. 

Haha, 

I want a thums up from nicklesilver on this one.