1 hour ago, rossjackson01 said:

I know it's not much. I feel quite chuffed. I would like to inform that I have completed a full restore of a watch. Been a while in learning, but a good feeling. Seiko 7S26. Working well.

IMG_20230124_172644.jpg

Well done Ross, the first is a great feeling with many more to come. You are the man today 👍

23 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Well done Ross, the first is a great feeling with many more to come. You are the man today 👍

You are very welcome Ross. Although i did struggle not to add my young teenager connotation to the comment 😉

• Like 1

On a roll

Having done my first. Now, my second. This is the one I wanted to do when I first started. A Seiko 7009. 

YouTube has been of great assistance. The advice and enthusiasm of members here on this forum has been a driving force for me. Isn't this hobby great?

Regards to you all

Ross

IMG_20230125_114554.jpg

IMG_20230125_114603.jpg

• Like 1

Great work other Ross! Gorgeous watch! Bet it feels great to finally achieve that goal. 

What happened with the day wheel, alignment issues? 

I have this happen with the seikos I've been working on, if the dial spacer is not working as expected, or if the dial is just on too tight, it can compress the day/date wheels and keep them from moving correctly. 

2 hours ago, lexacat said:

Great work other Ross! Gorgeous watch! Bet it feels great to finally achieve that goal. 

What happened with the day wheel, alignment issues? 

I have this happen with the seikos I've been working on, if the dial spacer is not working as expected, or if the dial is just on too tight, it can compress the day/date wheels and keep them from moving correctly. 

Lexacat. Yes it does feel good to know I've improved enough to make consistent restores.

Sekonda. Everything works ok. The date changes at 2 minutes to midnight. For some reason the day begins to change just after 2300. Day is current about 2 minutes to midnight. I'm happy at the moment. Will probably redo in the future. Next job. Seiko 6319. 

Edited by rossjackson01
grammar. spelling.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rossjackson01 said:

Lexacat. Yes it does feel good to know I've improved enough to make consistent restores.

Sekonda. Everything works ok. The date changes at 2 minutes to midnight. For some reason the day begins to change just after 2300. Day is current about 2 minutes to midnight. I'm happy at the moment. Will probably redo in the future. Next job. Seiko 6319. 

Ah yeah that makes sense! So it takes an hour for the day display to change.

The Seiko 7009a's I've been working on do the same, but it takes 3 hours. I've set mine to change date at midnight, and the day completes its change by 3am.

I'm not sure about the 6x series of Seiko's but I'm about to start on a 6309 myself. They might be similar.

• Like 1