Loctite is essentially a variation of superglue. As you may know, even if superglue made it difficult to remove a crown from a stem, which it might not anyway, you can apply a little heat and remove it as usual.
If you were me then, in a pinch I'd just use any form of cyanoacrylate. Just me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gunpilot said:

What might serve as a good alternative to Loctite to secure a crown to stem? $28 for a small bottle of Loctite seems a bit pricey if there is another option.

Thanks in advance .

Jack

There are alternative brands of threadlockers.

SG$ 1.22  35%OFF | 10ml Low/High Strength Screw Glue Anti-pressure 242 Glue Screw Lock Adhesive Wire Sealing Anti-corrosion Thread Anaerobic Glue
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOe28aa

Are you in the US? Smaller quantities of Loctite are available at least where I live (PA); even the small tube should suffice for years of crown replacements (and I'd suspect it'll dry out in the tube before then).

https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Heavy-Duty-Threadlocker-Single/dp/B000I1RSNS/ref=asc_df_B000I1RSNS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198054161189&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11245772423985459890&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1025366&hvtargid=pla-350863460111&region_id=674469&th=1

On 1/23/2023 at 3:53 AM, Vinito said:

Loctite is essentially a variation of superglue. As you may know, even if superglue made it difficult to remove a crown from a stem, which it might not anyway, you can apply a little heat and remove it as usual.
If you were me then, in a pinch I'd just use any form of cyanoacrylate. Just me.

Just for info, not picking; Loctite (as we know it, they have a ton of products including cyanoacrylate) is anerobic and hardens in the absence of air, while cyanoacrylate hardens from a reaction with moisture. The former is a bit more "elastic" while the latter, with a few exceptions to a degree is quite brittle.

I'm sure it's terrible but I have bottles of various Loctites that are at least 15 years old. They still work though! The supplier near me only had the big 50ml bottles though.