Servicing Iwc Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar Caliber 3750

I have just received a IWC Da Vinci for servicing for the first time. Before I get started, I'd like to get some technical advice from Mark or anyone who has serviced this movement before.

I'd appreciate it if I get some advices on how to separate the calendar block from the movement. And is there any complication in attaching back the calendar block later. The amplitude of the watch is around 200 and my intention is to service the time keeping mechanism but not the calendar mechanism.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought of sharing some pictures, smartphone quality though.

f0262f3d27c9b823082a2a1111234f7c.jpg

The complaint is the chronograph seconds hand not able to reset back to zero position.

9ba57644589b68055f5b3f37c8176fc6.jpg

Checking on the Timegrapher showed an amplitude of 200. So it badly needs a cleaning and oil.

657ebad34db779c0363a236de05d4109.jpg

The seconds hand dropped off when the movement was taken out from the case. A loose hand but cleaning is needed. Googled to check how the perpetual calendar works. Very little information available online, so it's better leave the calendar system alone for now. Hopefully will get to watch a video from Mark on setting the perpetual calendar. [emoji6]

de2caadfacea4e6d0389cf97488a611f.jpg

Today managed to remove all the hands as the month and day hands were very close to the face of the dial. Loosen two tiny screws at the side which hold the dial feet and the dial is off.

5c8fc2ce2f5f3e8445f81620d2ee9fb4.jpg

Found three screws holding the calendar block to the movement. After putting aside the calendar block, proceeded to dissemble the 3750 movement for a good cleaning in the machine.

0759b2ea12a25f96d864b93ff8b8a81b.jpg

Hope this will provide a little information on this movement. Thanks and comments are welcome.

Hopefully one day will be able to learn how to set the calendar system.

Cheers

• Like 1

I do like a challenge Stephen, but rather you than me with this one.

I did some research regarding the calendar module and it is absolutely mind boggling. The calculations and design work that have gone into producing it is amazing. It is a truly wonderful looking timepiece, and I look forward to reading about your progress. :)

• Like 1