Difficulty removing jumbo pocket watch bezel

I'm sure that some of the experts on this forum will have worked on one of these before - 

I've been asked to service it. It appears to be a front loader but it's not obvious how the bezel comes off. There is no lip anywhere around the bezel suggesting as starting point where it can be prized off, and a razor blade wont fit in the seam between bezel and case. It doesn't unscrew with hand force. Can anyone advise me if it's likely to pop off with a blade or is likely to be screw fit. I'm afraid to mar it!

DSC_1818.JPG

DSC_1821.JPG

DSC_1820.JPG

DSC_1819 (2).JPG

2 hours ago, Boz said:

screw fit

Typically if they want you pry it off they will leave a place to give you a clue that you're supposed to do that. Although sometimes enthusiastic people will attempt to pry it off and they will leave the same kind a mark that you might see other words a wedge shape where it's not meant to pry off that leads to confusion.

It does look like your case back does have a hinge on that. So to open it up what does it look like inside? That might give you a clue as to how the watch comes out but typically pocket watches usually go out through the front.

2 hours ago, Boz said:

doesn't unscrew with hand force

Then lots of things don't unscrew with hand force that's been on for a really long time that might be an issue.

Then I'm not actually sure this is a pocket watch I think it's more like a travel clock especially with the case that it's in. Not that it changes how you're going to get into it at all but.

Thanks John, on the inside the appearance is pretty standard. Ill post a photo shortly. Back and dust cover are hinged. Movement retaining screws to keep it in place like on all front loaders.

Edited by Boz