Breguet: Art And Innovation In Watchmaking Museum Exhibition

My daughter recently asked to to go with her to an exhibition of Brooklyn Museum’s costume collection at The Legion of Honor in San Francisco. Not exactly my cup of tea, but worth it to spend some time with her. While on the Legion of Honor website, I noticed an upcoming exhibition,  Breguet: Art and Innovation in Watchmaking. So I told my daughter I'd go with her to the fashion exhibit if she would go with me to the Breguet exhibit. Fair trade, I think.

I don't know if I could take two costume exhibitions, Geo. :wacko:

The Breguet exhibition is from September to January. I definitely don't want to miss the opportunity to see some of his watches first hand.

All,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seemed the best choice. Please let me know if it belongs elsewhere.

Those of you in Northern California might be interested to know that tarting in September and running until January 2016, the Legion of Honor Museum in San Francisco will host an exhibition titled "Breguet: Art and Innovation in Watchmaking".

Details are available at http://legionofhonor.famsf.org/exhibitions/breguet

I just finished reading John Biggs' "Marie Antoinette's Watch" and Breguet features prominently throughout. The book is a bit slow in places but the layman's explanations he makes of Breguet's accomplishments make the exhibition a must see for me...and I'm fortunate enough to live close by!

Regards,

Tom

• Like 1