Help with Seiko Kinetic 5M42-OM29 Crystal

To all
My first post besides my intro post.  I have my wife’s nephew's Seiko Kinetic 5M42-OM29.  It had stopped working.  With a quick YouTube search I found Mark Lovick’s posting on how to change the capacitor.  That worked great and now I am testing for 24 hours for stability.

Now my question, the crystal is very scratched up.  I have used the PolyWatch diamond paste for mineral crystal but the scratches are too deep.  I am pretty sure I can find a replacement crystal but I am confused on how to remove the crystal. Please see pictures.  It looks like it might be a removable bezel but I don’t want to force it if it isn’t removable.  I have a glass press but I don’t want to force that either.  Suggestions?

9CF0D757-F2E3-44A6-8A15-63F8CA9B6035.jpeg

95437F00-E4D3-4C5B-845E-28F3B965F461.jpeg

900C1077-D08B-41FF-A2ED-B2390E23D194.jpeg

5 hours ago, Irtnog331 said:

but I am confused on how to remove the crystal.

You should probably look up the Seiko parts list for this watch and see if there is a gasket for the crystal. I snipped out your image and enhanced a little bit by making it bigger it looks like a ring?

Seiko crystal how is it held in.JPG

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

You should probably look up the Seiko parts list for this watch and see if there is a gasket for the crystal. I snipped out your image and enhanced a little bit by making it bigger it looks like a ring?

Jules Borel database showing there is a gasket for the crystal. Therefore, no bezel, it just pushes out ?

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=SEK_CS^5M42-0M29

image.png.54f3aeea26aadd9149c56bb8d01a6e3a.png

image.thumb.png.7a39fcd3792c6f426f309b1b1c6edd70.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mikepilk said:

Therefore, no bezel, it just pushes out

As we have a gasket for the crystal in the West we can see a gasket it should just push out. I would support the bezel because you probably don't want it popping off I have no idea what holds the bezel on though. Sometimes it helps to wait until you actually get the gasket to look at it just to make sure there isn't some bizarre surprise that were unaware of but you should Be able to just push the crystal out.

• Like 1