Free Ebook: K&d's Complete "staking Tools And How To Use Them" 1910

tomcolson

All,

This is my first post to the group...hopefully the first of many.

I wanted to let this community know that I've finally completed my project to digitize K&D's 163 page reference book from 1910 titled "Staking Tools and How To Use Them". This is the complete original book, including the tool catalog information that was omitted from previous reprints.

High resolutions scans in color and b&w are available at: 

For those who just want a pdf of the complete book, I've posted it on my DropBox site at:

Fair warning: the pdf is over 330MB so it'll take a while to download.

I'm making this available in the spirit of, and appreciation for, Mark's work on his YouTube channel. While I've only been a lurker here in the past, I'm a subscriber and regular viewer of his excellent tutorials. And on that subject, the latest series has me thinking "Please save me from ever being called upon to work on a Breitling chronograph..."! Just keeping track of the names of the components is daunting enough.

Enjoy!

Tom

• Like 4

WOW!

I've just had a very quick look at what you have gathered and compiled regarding K&D staking sets, it is absolutely brilliant. This is a resource that will be a great help to folk on the forum that have a staking set, or are considering purchasing one. I for one will be reading my way through it in the near future.

Many thanks!

Geo, thanks for the very kind words. I hope that others do find the site valuable as you suggest. It's been far too much work if I'm the only one to benefit from it.

The site will evolve as I learn more and perhaps its value will evolve as well. I'm always on the lookout for primary sources (K&D catalogs, brochures, etc.) to add to the site. I also hope to add more photographs of the various models & accessories.

Regards,

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Tom,

Thanks for posting this interesting PDF which I have already downloaded and put in my kindle for some light reading, I am sure that loads of the members will appreciate your work in making it available.

Cheers,

Vic

• 1 year later...

Hello Louis,

The files (and links) have been updated since this post was originally made. You can find the latest version of them at

Images Only:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7gh0lsjpkjhs8ut/StakingToolsAndHowToUseThem1910_1200dpi_ImagesOnly.pdf?dl=0

Images with OCR text:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktjb8j2hy2rlgym/StakingToolsAndHowToUseThem1910FullTextSearchable.pdf?dl=0

Please let me know if you have any more difficulties accessing the files.

Best,

Tom

• Like 1

That sounds good to me . I got this staking set with a lot of stakes and stumps but I don't know what most are used for . I see that I have a set to tighten cannon pinions with . I've got a bit to learn about this tool .

A little off the subject , but I got another tool today . A dial foot soldering machine that I'll be putting to good use .

Screen shot 2016-10-30 at 1.58.53 PM.png

• Like 1