I WANT THESE: Somebody please talk me out of it.

I have a hairspring that was a mess and I have it really close now (to my specifications, anyway).  But it is a breguet and needs that special bend.  Seen it done on a block of wood.  Yeah...maybe that would work for me, but this solution looks more repeatable and precise.  How many times am I gonna need to do this?  LOL...probably not many.  But it represents a new vista and I am a tool junkie and my wife never reviews paypal or CC bills (🤣).  And...I would be the first one on my block to have a pair.

But maybe this esteemed group can talk me out of it.

2023-01-06 12_59_06-Breguet Hairspring Tweezers, Dumont — Mozilla Firefox.png

Hi LWS   you are a brave man, but I bet if you do it will be the one time the wife checks the bills. anyway its out of  stock, now does that mean they dont sell many or have they sold out of what they had or are they order only ?  Hell you only die once  and if she misses you have another chance🤣.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

No gurantee she wont decide to start reciewing ,  would you be sleeping in the barn then? 😂

Misspeled and unedited, sorry LWC , no offence.

Interweb is spotty here at best, have to hit the post button in a hurry  befroe connection fades.

Rgds

• Like 1

I have collected over the years used hairspring tweezers see below. However I very rarely use them. 1 to 3 are various concave to convex and 4 is one I made for bending up an over coil.  The convex to concave No. 3 I use to close the inner coil of watch mainsprings. The majority of any manipulating I do I use angled tipped tweezers and a pin.

16A2C092-1467-4D3A-AD37-B8BC062086AE.jpeg

25E9093F-8727-428F-B1FF-C6C9C28A4C15.jpeg.5e9ea003775d0a44ffacd3d8a3da252c.jpeg

Edited by clockboy