Mainspring

Clockwatching247

You need to remove the pin that I can see red circle, there might be another on the opposite side. Then push the whole thing out. You should see screws that you need to unscrew, the drum will come away which will leave you with the dial and movement.  You will need to remove the hands then you can remove the movement, some movements will be held by pins some are held in place by folded or twisted tabs. 

The spring by its looks doesn't have much power on it. With the movement free you should be able to see the click and its spring, put the key on and hold the key as if you are going to wind it and with a screwdriver move the click away from the ratchet and let the spring down. From what I see you have parts that are not in place these are the cup screw that holds the balance and it also holds the regulator which is on the movement.  

D81CB29C-282F-4AE1-80E1-647FB8F12763.thumb.jpeg.48737dedf7008f5a64e19e45371bf154.jpg

Edited by oldhippy

ive had one like this, 

you need to use a drift to tap the drum out, some are so tight its a joke, the 3 screws you have i believe are there to hold the movement onto the drum, you will be able to access them once the drum is removed. 

My advise would be to mark the drum and the case so you put it back in the same orientation as it cam out due to the tightness of removal

• Like 1

Hi sometimes with these barrel/drum clocks the whole drum has to be removed and as transporter said they have to be drifted out carefully. After removing the fixing pin in the case side , mark the position of the drum and then use a wood drift to push out the drum. It could be corrosion between the wood and the brass liner/drum that’s holding it. When out you can gain access to the movement screws around the bezel and remove the drum sleeve from the clock, you will then see how to let down the main spring

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.