Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

hope you had a nice new years. 
I was working on a UG 218 and am finishing it up when I noticed the microrotor weight rattled. Upon inspection the axel seem wormed and I replaced it. However when replacing it I noticed that that the weight itself is two parts. The first part is the weight and the second part is the the jewels that attach to the axel. The two parts are held together with pins that run the length. and on my weight the pins are no longer holding together tight so the weight is pinging off the second jeweled part. My question is, is it possible to to tighten these two pins or do I need a whole new weight? I have circled the two pins I’m speaking of in green. 
 

 

D56C14A0-4D6D-44FF-87D2-01E95CBF6353.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Klassiker said:

The photo is not high enough quality to see clearly, but is the fixing screw missing (from the hole between the pins)? If it is present, it should be possible to fix the two parts tightly together. I also cannot see the jewels you are referring to.

I have attached a photo without the fixing plate 

86982433-EFDD-4927-A8EF-F53DDA6EB2CD.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Google Universal geneve 218-2 micorotor parts, its an schematic diagram of the parts by UG and speaks of repair plus list of parts in the microrotor assembly.

Its the following link, but it wont open on my device.

https://images.app.goo.gl/pxJmmp3LYffnNiMT8

So it is repairable, if you identify  and find replacement for worn parts. 

Good luck

 

 

 

 

 

37 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

 Google Universal geneve 218-2 micorotor parts, its an schematic diagram of the parts by UG and speaks of repair plus list of parts in the microrotor assembly.

Its the following link, but it wont open on my device.

https://images.app.goo.gl/pxJmmp3LYffnNiMT8

So it is repairable, if you identify  and find replacement for worn parts. 

Good luck

 

 

 

 

 

Try this link 

https://universalgenevepolerouter.com/repairing-a-worn-microtor-from-calibers-215-218-68-69/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

 Google Universal geneve 218-2 micorotor parts, its an schematic diagram of the parts by UG and speaks of repair plus list of parts in the microrotor assembly.

Its the following link, but it wont open on my device.

https://images.app.goo.gl/pxJmmp3LYffnNiMT8

So it is repairable, if you identify  and find replacement for worn parts. 

Good luck

 

 

 

 

 

Try this link 

https://universalgenevepolerouter.com/repairing-a-worn-microtor-from-calibers-215-218-68-69/

The issue is that the part is sold as the entire oscillating weight. I’m wondering if there is a way to tighten those pins down that are attaching the weight itself to the jeweled portion of the weight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Will you show ( on the diagram ) the worn psrts in your microtor. 

I can't quite visulaize what you mean by " tightening the pins"  

Rgds

 

The two pins I circled run the length of the weight and hold the jeweled part to the actual weight. These are loose on my weight and causing the weight to sag away from the jewel part and no longer rotate.  

374E7DE8-F579-459E-9065-A61142327F85.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

I see , said the blind man.

Proper repair of this is above my head,  need help and advice from master @nickelsilver

Good luck pal.

 

Thanks for your help hope someone can offer some clarity on this topic. The oscillating weights are expensive and hard to find. And the condition of them isn’t guaranteed to be good. Preferably I would like to service this part

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dibs1 said:

Thanks for your help hope someone can offer some clarity on this topic. The oscillating weights are expensive and hard to find. And the condition of them isn’t guaranteed to be good. Preferably I would like to service this part

 

4 hours ago, dibs1 said:

hope someone can offer some clarity on this topic. 

 Advice from Nickelsilver will be clarity and technically  to the max.  fingers crossed it doesn't get to making parts which usually add up  more expensive that factory made parts. 

I have a buren with micorotor worn axle , this mech seems to be a major culprit.  

Lovely UG , and my favourate brand.  

Good luck.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those pins just locate the locking plate, and they do have some play (should be oblong holes) with the plate to allow it to slide into position. The plate engages a groove on the axle, are you sliding the plate into position? Normally it would have to be in get the screw in; but the plate can wear where it contacts the axle, and the axle can wear, allowing more movement of the rotor.

 

But also, the axle itself can wear where it bears on the rotor jewels. That's tricky to fix as the axle isn't a simple round part; the axle is (as far as I can see) welded to a semitrangular base screwed to the underside of the auto mechanism. I started to make one a couple of years ago but ended up finding the part (the client found the part).

 

So if you have vertical play it's likely the locking plate or axle groove or both that are worn. If you have lateral play the axle is worn where it contacts the jewels in the rotor. The pins don't do anything except locate the plate.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

Those pins just locate the locking plate, and they do have some play (should be oblong holes) with the plate to allow it to slide into position. The plate engages a groove on the axle, are you sliding the plate into position? Normally it would have to be in get the screw in; but the plate can wear where it contacts the axle, and the axle can wear, allowing more movement of the rotor.

 

But also, the axle itself can wear where it bears on the rotor jewels. That's tricky to fix as the axle isn't a simple round part; the axle is (as far as I can see) welded to a semitrangular base screwed to the underside of the auto mechanism. I started to make one a couple of years ago but ended up finding the part (the client found the part).

 

So if you have vertical play it's likely the locking plate or axle groove or both that are worn. If you have lateral play the axle is worn where it contacts the jewels in the rotor. The pins don't do anything except locate the plate.

Thank you, for this amazing response providing great clarity. So, I replaced the axle I do not think that should be the issue. Ill have to check the other parts you listed and see if I’m fitting the plate correctly. It seems to my knowledge  at least that the weight seems properly engaged but that it sags off the axle. Ill have to take a closer look and see what it is causing the sag and then grind against the plate. It looks like the axle portion of the weight is tight but the weight is sagging off the axle. 
 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...