A dang tool rack is way utilitarian-er than I expected

I printed this up over the weekend and got a chance to sit & try it out a couple times now. I knew I needed something, but holy cow, it really helps me find what I need easily and keeps me way more organized while I'm working... Duh.

Also, behold the dirt cheap collection of (mostly) junky tools this beginner is working with here! The screwdrivers are better than they look. I have some titanium rod and I was thinking of machining my own screwdrivers from some of that, just to be different. I figure just delrin for the heads, which seems common. Anyways, I'm guessing most of these tools will be upgraded over time, but enough about the future.

This uses a lot of plastic and of course it fits my tools and maybe not yours, but I uploaded a "step" file in case you know how to customize it for yourself.

Yeah, tool blocks baby! We expect them for our screwdrivers, why not everything else?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5761830

2.jpg

Edited by Vinito
  • Like 7

Apologies if this has already been done.

I just got to thinking that a lot of us would like to see what other people have for holding their tools like this. I for one would enjoy seeing pictures of whatever you've got even if it's a drawer cabinet, i.e. Gerstner etc.

snap a quick pic & put it here.

Thanks.

I use a pencil roll to hold the tools that I keep on my bench. Easy access, and easy to roll up and move away if I need more bench space. I also have several Gerstner knock-offs that I got at Costco a number of years ago. Ended up with three of them, as they were surprisingly well made considering how inexpensive they were.

IMG_20230107_152253.thumb.jpg.475869b2c693ed0d5b64bbd6e1dc4f8f.jpg

IMG_20230107_152303.thumb.jpg.70d3c11d583b20d09af955d4fb716214.jpg