Seiko 6R35 Parts List and Technical Guide

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Could you let me know where to get them? I use slotting files, but always on the lookout for alternatives that work
    • My currency is BGN (Bulgarian Lev), which is fasten to EUR, so 1EUR = 2BGN I am afraid we have stollen the conversation away from the OP problem...
    • Firstly, everything you see on YouTube isn't the truth! And recommending removing these jewels prior to cleaning is a crock of....... Don't remove the jewels, as it is far from necessary and I would be really surprised if the screws holding them in place came loose or even if they came out of the bridge or mainplate. Just peg the jewels clean and maybe pre-clean the movement prior to putting it through your cleaning machine, if you are using one
    • Haha that was it Nev, we got there in the end 😅 They're brill Nev, 0.2mm diamond disks they work great with my new little milling machine. I paid less than £1 each, what is your currency ?
    • This is the mainspring you need from Gleave and Co. https://gleave.london/search.php?search_query=seiko 7009 mainspring&section=product Fits a treat! Cousins don't sell this, that's why I go to Gleave and Co in Clerkenwell, here in London. @Birbdadyou can manipulate that spring you have already in the barrel to close it up slightly. I've closed up the inner coil in a mainspring a lot bigger than the one your having problems with without having to heat the coil. First get a piece of brass wire or steel rod about half three quarters the size of the barrel arbor. This is placed in the inner coil so you don't crush or kink the inner coil of the spring, then with sturdy tweezers (carbon steel) start pinching the inner coil in various places around the inner coil. Be even in your pinching. It will take about 10 minutes or so, but it will slowly work the inner coil slightly smaller to fit the arbor. You'll be surprised at how much it will close that coil. You can't close it that much, but enough for what you require judging by your photo of the coil and arbor in situ. Take your time and make sure you always use the brass wire to not over do it. Be careful, as @Neverenoughwatcheshas already pointed out, not to scratch up the barrel or arbor hole/bush in the barrel. Very easily done, as it is soft brass. I'm sure you will close it up enough to grip the arbor. I've closed up inner coils much bigger than yours. Make sure you use a rod of steel or brass to stop the tweezers from completely crushing the inner coil. This part is imperative to the process, so don't overlook it, thinking that you will have control to how much your squeezing that coil with your tweezers, because that's where it all starts to go downhill and next thing you've got a fooked mainspring that is no good to man nor beast. Been there, done that, got the T shirt! Let us know how you got on.