Removing crystal/glass from old aircraft clock

atriana

Hello! I just received an old Wakmann aircraft clock and when I opened the package, the two dial screws holding the dial in were loose. It should be a relatively easy fix to screw them back in, but my issue is getting access to the dial. I believe these old aircraft clocks are front loaded. I removed the retaining ring around the crystal/glass, but from there, I'm not able to remove the glass. Any suggestions? I tried to get something in between the glass and case, but chipped the glass and definitely don't want to damage anything further. It should fall right out, correct?

IMG-7310.jpg

IMG-7311.jpg

Look on the back side of the case and see if you find any screws which are used to hold the movement in place? Then depending upon what the gasket was made out of the crystal may be stuck you have to figure out some way to pull it out without angling it because that would cause of the ship it be easier if you just push it out somehow possibly when you gently pushing the movement out.

Well done. With something different it always pays to give it a good look over before trying to take it apart. Dirt plays a big part when trying to take some things apart and also glue, many people like sticking things together, they don't think that it could be impossible if another person needs to repair it.