Hello

I've uploaded some pictures with this post and I'm wondering if someone would be kind enough to look at them and advise me how best to remove and replace the crystal. I don't want to approach it's removal the wrong way and wined up damaging the case. I do have a Horotec case back / bezel removal tool. There seems to be a seem that might be where the case splits. I'm not sure though. I've used a red pointer to indicate the seem. 

Thaks in advance for any help that can be provided. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

The crystal looks like it is just gasket-friction fitted to the bezel/case. To remove and replace the crystal you need a crystal press tool with round dies various size. I recommend screw down type crystal press especially for replacing crystal. So to remove you find 2 dies, one that fit loosely via the back of the case, this die will push the crystal out, and one to support the bezel, this one has to be larger than the crystal. I have made a watch servicing video in which you can find a short footage of me remove and replace a similar type of crystal/case (around 7:42 in the video). You also need to add a plastic layer between the die and the crystal to prevent the die from scratching it (yes nylon die can scratch mineral crystal) something like a ziplock bag (I didn't use any protection in the video because I don't have to keep the old crystal and I replace it with a sapphire one). Replacing crystal is quite straight forward, you just choose a die that is of the same diameter as the crystal or a bit larger and carefully press the crystal into the bezel, go little by little while rotating the case around and keep checking if the crystal sit evenly. You want to use screw down type crystal press for this job because it is much safer and provide better control.

Edited by ColdWind