Felsa 4009 service

Nothing special to report here but this Felsa feels kinda different than the other watches I have worked on.  Granted, I am an amateur with limited experience. 

The open mainspring barrel was a surprise for what appears to be a higher-end movement--kinda EB8800 feel.  Frankly, I left it untouched.  It is my watch from my box-o-watches, and I was not in the mood for dealing with an odd mainspring configuration this evening.  Maybe next time. 

The automatic wind mechanism was more integrated into the movement than the ETA movements I have worked on.

Lots of springs.  Ugh.  The click spring was the most unusual that I have seen. The plate screw shares the click...essence of Roskopf.  It is almost all back together now except for calendar works.  I will finish it tomorrow.

2022-12-13 20_58_48-20221213_145913.jpg ‎- Photos.png

2022-12-13 20_59_13-20221213_150332.jpg ‎- Photos.png

The Felsa 30 jewels version  is a true workhorse, better yet the  41 jewels variant, heres one in vintage Fortis Stratoliner ,

https://images.app.goo.gl/U3Rs5kJseUEZvhkj8

Rgds

29 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

The Felsa 30 jewels version  is a true workhorse, better yet the  41 jewels variant, heres one in vintage Fortis Stratoliner ,

https://images.app.goo.gl/U3Rs5kJseUEZvhkj8

Rgds

I see the link gives error,   Google will bring you images of the watch. " Vintage fortis Strstorliner "

The self winder module integrated in mainplate is unique, not to mention other details. Beautiful pinion leaves, etc. 

45 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

I have a 30J Felsa 4000N. The auto winding is a bit unusual, but works well. I was impressed by the overall quality. It runs really well. You can buy them surprisingly cheaply. I thing they are an under estimated and great value movement.

I was going to ask about quality. On one hand some parts appears to have a bit beefy and engineered while others have that cheap stamped look about them. 

Do we get to see the dial?

I don't know about its hairspring quality, but major part of the rest is superior to ETA, jeweled winder rotor bushing and jeweled barrel arbour bushing,  in 30 and 41 jewel versions, excellent pinion leaves, day changer a bit lazy however.