tools supplier - a message to cousinsuk

Yes, I am new to horology but I have already spent a fair whack at cousinsuk, and I suspect I will spend a bit more before I finish. Watch repair is such a gentle, harmless occupation, saving things from being thrown away. So please, please stop using polystyrene "peanut" packing, which just adds to pkastic waste. There is much better paper-based alternatives. I will write to you, but you don't have an email address! xx

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, OceanSprint said:

Yes, I am new to horology but I have already spent a fair whack at cousinsuk, and I suspect I will spend a bit more before I finish. Watch repair is such a gentle, harmless occupation, saving things from being thrown away. So please, please stop using polystyrene "peanut" packing, which just adds to pkastic waste. There is much better paper-based alternatives. I will write to you, but you don't have an email address! xx

Can someone explain what just happened please.

6 minutes ago, OceanSprint said:

I am suggesting cousinsuk stops using polystyrene packaging. 

Ah ok, i was a little confused as to the post tbh. I think it was the last bit that threw me, and the xx. A worthy cause i agree far too much waste and pollution,  we should have started recycling way sooner than we did. 

I've had way too many deliveries from England in the last two months- both Cousins and the auction houses. My Cousins parcels have been to small for packing peanuts but even the countriest of country auction houses have opted for the potato starch packing peanuts...

Just recycle it, save it in a big bag then pack your own parcels with it. Or if someone annoys you just send them a big box full of nuggets with nothing else in the box, great fun imagining them frantically sorting through the box looking for something that's not there. 😉