Greetings everyone!

whph4evr

The reason I joined this community:

My father recently gifted me his old broken watch. It's a Casio MDV-301D-7A (model number:2364), year 2007.
I managed to replace the battery, set the time and clean it thoroughly.

But there are other things I need to do, in order to restore this watch to a proper condition and use it for myselfI need to polish it and buy 3 different types of metal pins, in order to replace the broken ones.
Problem is, this is my first time repairing a watch ever. So I am not quite familiar with the terminology that is used for replacement/spare parts. I tried to do some research but I end up finding that everyone uses different names for the same parts (talking about the metal pins) or I end up finding no information at all.
I tried looking for a replacement bracelet, but they are discontinued worldwide. I also tried looking for a non-genuine chinese one, but no luck with that either.

With that being said, I am looking forward to my journey of learning about watches and how to repair them.

And hopefully wear this watch on my wrist.

Edited by whph4evr

• whph4evr changed the title to Greetings everyone!

Welcome to the forum! As you are finding out, watchmaking is a deep, deep rabbit hole. It seems overwhelming at first, but the knowledge and readiness to help on this group is fortunately endless. Be patient, stick at it, help the experts to help you and you will soon have this watch back on your wrist.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forum  If you have any questions regarding a watch/s we find it helpful if its accompanied with pictures of the said watch/s and their movements. Terminology differs as you have found out so I have attached a couple of documents which may help.

TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf 1913030912_TM9-1575WardepartmentTechnicalManual.pdf

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hello and welcome to the forum  If you have any questions regarding a watch/s we find it helpful if its accompanied with pictures of the said watch/s and their movements. Terminology differs as you have found out so I have attached a couple of documents which may help.

TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf 4.2 MB · 0 downloads 1913030912_TM9-1575WardepartmentTechnicalManual.pdf 14.14 MB · 0 downloads

Wow, you just provided me with everything I need, in order to learn the whole anatomy of a watch! I don't think I will need to go so deep in that case, because I simply need to replace a couple of pins but I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me. Thank you very much!

On 12/10/2022 at 7:17 PM, whph4evr said:

The reason I joined this community:

My father recently gifted me his old broken watch. It's a Casio MDV-301D-7A (model number:2364), year 2007.
I managed to replace the battery, set the time and clean it thoroughly.

But there are other things I need to do, in order to restore this watch to a proper condition and use it for myselfI need to polish it and buy 3 different types of metal pins, in order to replace the broken ones.
Problem is, this is my first time repairing a watch ever. So I am not quite familiar with the terminology that is used for replacement/spare parts. I tried to do some research but I end up finding that everyone uses different names for the same parts (talking about the metal pins) or I end up finding no information at all.
I tried looking for a replacement bracelet, but they are discontinued worldwide. I also tried looking for a non-genuine chinese one, but no luck with that either.

With that being said, I am looking forward to my journey of learning about watches and how to repair them.

And hopefully wear this watch on my wrist.

Hey there is a original rubber strap for sale at ebay, check that out  https://www.ebay.com/itm/264643304484