New Generic Parts Appearing At Cousins. Breitling, Rolex, Omega

As we're so tolerant you can be whatever you want but I assure you that I was referring to the 'trees' of public demonstration of conspicuous consumption combined with a patronising attitude that characterises one or two other forums (that shall remain nameless) and the 'wood' of an appreciation of interesting and sometimes complicated mechanisms, be they cheap or expensive, and a understanding of, and fellow-feeling for, those who gain pleasure from owning, servicing, repairing and just talking about them. (Mark, is this a record for the longest sentence ever on the WRT forum?)

DJT2, for me, the wood is the good bit! ;)

Whoa!! This is deep stuff, poetic even.

:D

• Like 1

I must say it is a refreshing change, i know certain forums do go over the top with the whole rep market, like i said its how i got into taking movemnts apart and fixing myself. Ok hair springs still test me and i have to say i have murdered countless numbers of the buggers. Im a seiko man myself now mainly because they're e so numerous and easy to pick up on the bay, ive restored a few of which i shall post my walk throughs of a couple of restoration projects that i have done. Looking forward to adding this forum to the many others from the watch world that i participate in. Hopefully i can be of some help to others .

• Like 2

I must say it is a refreshing change, i know certain forums do go over the top with the whole rep market, like i said its how i got into taking movemnts apart and fixing myself. Ok hair springs still test me and i have to say i have murdered countless numbers of the buggers. Im a seiko man myself now mainly because they're e so numerous and easy to pick up on the bay, ive restored a few of which i shall post my walk throughs of a couple of restoration projects that i have done. Looking forward to adding this forum to the many others from the watch world that i participate in. Hopefully i can be of some help to others .

The hairspring is my nemisis also & I think my new one will be winding mainsprings by hand.

I have to admit & it's probably sacrilege, I'm a seiko virgin. I've always thought I should own one but never really felt an affinity to the brand. However, just recently I've started to play with & look at high beat movements. I believe seiko produce a real beauty. So I guess it won't be long before I have one in peices.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

I am suffering from the same problem. I completed a rusted up Breitling A 13381 same as the one Mark did. All is working fine but I cannot seem to find the Pushers anywhere OEM or generic. It is extremely frustrating and I ma loathed to send it in to the Breitling service centre considering I did all the work to get it going. If anyone knows where I can obtain said pushers I would be very grateful.