Help ID E Howard & Co. Pocket Watch Movement

The case is currently in the we have a picture of the inside of the back like does it have any words on it?

45 minutes ago, bcpitch5 said:

I tried that and it didn't give much info and it doesn't show anything if you put the H in front like it is on the movement.

The unfortunate problem with a pocket watch database is it doesn't actually list every single pocket watch ever made. It bases its lookup of numbers on parts catalogs so if the company did not have a parts catalog then they not going to have any information. That's not entirely true there are other reference sources out there that list serial numbers. Like for instance here's a link to a reference to try asking on this message board and I would start a new thread not continue with the existing one. A lot of times if  commonly happens here people a post on the end of the existing discussion and modifies people won't notice because it's an old discussion

https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/help-with-identifying-a-howard-pocket-watch.99402/

Then I went and looked at the pocket watch database that's way more information that I thought we would see. Oh there is the other problem When the watch companies closed up no one realized that 100 years later we will want to have all Of the serial numbers pictures data online.

https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/search/result/e.-howard-co/803526

20 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

The case is currently in the we have a picture of the inside of the back like does it have any words on it?

The unfortunate problem with a pocket watch database is it doesn't actually list every single pocket watch ever made. It bases its lookup of numbers on parts catalogs so if the company did not have a parts catalog then they not going to have any information. That's not entirely true there are other reference sources out there that list serial numbers. Like for instance here's a link to a reference to try asking on this message board and I would start a new thread not continue with the existing one. A lot of times if  commonly happens here people a post on the end of the existing discussion and modifies people won't notice because it's an old discussion

https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/help-with-identifying-a-howard-pocket-watch.99402/

Then I went and looked at the pocket watch database that's way more information that I thought we would see. Oh there is the other problem When the watch companies closed up no one realized that 100 years later we will want to have all Of the serial numbers pictures data online.

https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/search/result/e.-howard-co/803526

Thanks John! I checked that thread but it is talking about a Keystone E Howard Watch Co. This one is an E Howard & Co. Boston movement and I can't find any with a movement configuration like this or any info about letters being in the serial number.

3 hours ago, bcpitch5 said:

This one is an E Howard & Co. Boston movement and I can't find any with a movement configuration like this or any info about letters being in the serial number.

The problem is the information you seek is not online sort of. Go back to the discussion I gave you go to the section that that is in join the group it's free and it's open to anybody. Yes to join the national Association of watch and clock collectors it costs money but the discussion group does not it's open to anybody. Join the discussion group start a new discussion and ask the question of what is this also have a picture of the inside of your case would be helpful. Because this is a group of people who collect things including reference material. DOS of a really big huge expensive library that their membership goes to pay for and you can ask a question and get the benefits that the members get sort of. It was the members could submit something is somebody might actually research it for them perhaps but you can still ask on the discussion group and get the resources of a heck of a lot of people that are collecting things versus here where were repairing things.

Although they do have a watch repair section on the same discussion group. Just isn't as active as the one here

18 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

The problem is the information you seek is not online sort of. Go back to the discussion I gave you go to the section that that is in join the group it's free and it's open to anybody. Yes to join the national Association of watch and clock collectors it costs money but the discussion group does not it's open to anybody. Join the discussion group start a new discussion and ask the question of what is this also have a picture of the inside of your case would be helpful. Because this is a group of people who collect things including reference material. DOS of a really big huge expensive library that their membership goes to pay for and you can ask a question and get the benefits that the members get sort of. It was the members could submit something is somebody might actually research it for them perhaps but you can still ask on the discussion group and get the resources of a heck of a lot of people that are collecting things versus here where were repairing things.

Although they do have a watch repair section on the same discussion group. Just isn't as active as the one here

Thanks for the advise! I will definitely try that. The case is not original to the movement it is just an Illinois watch case co Ramona gold filled.

On 12/10/2022 at 6:35 AM, bcpitch5 said:

Thanks for the advise! I will definitely try that. The case is not original to the movement it is just an Illinois watch case co Ramona gold filled.

If you try the other group You get success would you please report back. Never know if you send someone somewhere whether they find anything good or not.

12 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

If you try the other group You get success would you please report back. Never know if you send someone somewhere whether they find anything good or not.

As you said, I was given lots of interesting info on it. Here is the link to the thread....https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/help-id-e-howard-co-boston-pocket-watch.192951/

• Like 1