Seiko 7546 quartz - what lubricants do I use?

9 hours ago, gonzo67 said:

I came  to the conclusion that the problem was the battery because the watch runs perfectly as long as its left on the bench. If worn or moved it stops after awhile.  Press the battery back into place and it starts up again. With the case back fully screwed down the problem persists

11 hours ago, gonzo67 said:

I have seen other photos of this movement and there appear to be some with a battery strap. Mine seems to be missing and it's leading to a lose of contact. Is it possible  to source an after market fitting?

the problem with your conclusion is that may be your watch doesn't like to run when it's moving around. If you look in the service guide do your contacts look like they're appropriate in other words there probably making contact with the battery. It does appear that you have the right battery.

then it's your watch in your repairing it if you've come to the conclusion that this is the problem than fix the problem. You could either make something out of a thin piece of brass for instance or you should be sell strap assortments out there somewhere for all the people that lose their straps with the changing the batteries. Otherwise you'll just have to adapt something because I don't see anything in the parts list indicating that there was a sell strap of any kind other than the contacts that are already there.

I've never seen a 7546 with a battery strap, only the 7548. 

Perhaps the case back gasket is too thick and letting the battery rise up? Almost all the 7546 watches list a flat gasket for the case back.  FH2980B01 .  If an o-ring gasket  or too thick of a flat gasket is in there, it may be holding the case back up too high and letting the battery come away from the contact. 

• 2 months later...

A special lubricant is recommended for the Seiko 7546 quartz movement to ensure optimum performance. The main lubricants required for this movement are Mobius 9010 for the barrel and gear train, Mobius 9415 for the escape wheel and escapement fork and Mobius 9501 for the keyless movement. These lubricants provide the necessary protection and minimize friction to keep movements running smoothly and precisely. To ensure the longevity and reliability of your Seiko 7546 quartz watch, it is important to follow the manufacturer's recommendations and guidelines when applying these lubricants.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Karon said:

Mobius 9010 for the barrel and gear train

Don't you think 9010 is a little light for The barrel? Then I'm not sure where you find the barrel in this watch?

33 minutes ago, Karon said:

Mobius 9415 for the escape wheel

Then it's fine for the escape wheel such as in a watch like this. But I don't know where you'd find it in the watch in this particular discussion.

22 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Don't you think 9010 is a little light for The barrel? Then I'm not sure where you find the barrel in this watch?

Then it's fine for the escape wheel such as in a watch like this. But I don't know where you'd find it in the watch in this particular discussion.

I think Dadistic had Karon worked out a few days ago, first name Karon second name Bot. 🙂