Hello From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

steven

Hi guys, I'm Steven from Malaysia. Repairing watches and clocks is my hobby which is also my work. As someone said, do what you love and you'll never work a day. That's what I'm doing for decades for a living. I was introduced to this forum by Mark's videos. Thank you Mark for sharing your skills in watch repair. I'm learning a lot watching your videos. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I envy you Steven,

I, like you, discovered this site through Mark's videos.

I retired after 32 years in R & D from Alcoa (the aluminum co.) and really enjoyed learning a wide variety of disciplines. Two years later (2012) I took a job at a jewelry store where I learned some basic watch repair (no mechanical watches). I'd like to get into mechanical but, home life makes it difficult.

My last two years while working, I enrolled at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh - online. I was involved in interactive multimedia and web design. I was amazed to find  that so much psychology goes into designing. Even something as simple basic as typography has many subtleties that influence the audience.  Unfortunately, I had to drop out because of work responsibilities. Through my training at the Art Institute I can appreciate what goes into video production. Of all the different videos that I've seen regarding watch repair, Mark's are the best. He gives me confidence to continue learning. His editing is spot on. I hope Mark gets rewarded for all his generous efforts.

I envy you Steven. You had the good fortune to get into the repair business long ago.

Had I known how rewarding this is, I would have pursued this when I was young.

Welcome,

Dave

• Like 1