12 month update

Hello again to all at the forum.

It has been almost 12 months since I started. Never having looked at a watch apart from telling the time on my wrist. Where am I? Well, I now consider myself a fully fledge watch hobbyist. I now partially emulate many of those illustrious YouTube personalities who restore watches. I can remove a movement form a case, disassemble a movement. Clean the components using peg wood and liquid, lighter fluid and IPA. I can even remove and clean jewels. Clean and replace mainsprings. Not yet able to repair balance hairsprings, But I am working on it. Microscope for Christmas from my bride. Can't wait for the 25th. All this I can do without leaving a scratch on the surface. Hardly a 'ping' in evidence either.

Case repair. Unfortunately, not for me. Just a general clean using and ultrasonic machine.

I've limited myself to a few movements.

ETA 2789 and 2789-1. Seiko, 6309, 6319, 7009 and 7S26. Citizen Miyota 8200a and my favourite Sekonda 2428 and 2427. All of which I can disassemble and assemble with ease. Happy Bunny.

I still have year to go before I attempt my own lifetime watch. A Breitling  Top Time, with a Valjoux 7730.

A special thank you to all you members who have encourage me during this time in our world's dark history. I have learned from you all. Perserverance and practice. YouTube has been a great help. Initially it was hard, not really understanding much. Mark's course was a great. Learned so much and still learning. Other's now help as much as I can assimilate to a higher degree.

My bride has just called to coffee. So, tools way.

Regards

Ross

• Like 5