Microstella adjusting tool not fitting.

I have a had a member write to myself regarding the use of a Rolex Microstella tool supplied by Cousins not fitting the Microstella  nuts on a 3135 movement. He found a post I put up in 2019 where I had the same issue. I purchased a vintage Microstella tool which fits great see below. Maybe the Microstella nuts are not all of the same size. 

6984FDFC-8AEC-4668-8B6E-168E357698D6.jpeg.8ee1b9b44fcb865d77d539591c28ff8e.jpeg

• Like 1

Indeed. I’m the member.

The Horotec MSA 03.670 did not fit the Microstella screws on Rolex 3035.
The star shaped hole was too small for the screws, I tried all four screws and none of them fit.
I ended up buying the genuine Rolex Microstella tool Ref. 2019 they tell you to use in the 3035 manual.
It will be here in 2/3 weeks and I will post an update to let you know how they differ.

The photo is the Horotec MSA 03.670 next to the Microstella screws on the 3035 balance.

The Rolex tool pictures to follow when it arrives.

MS 2.jpg

MS 1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It is the Horotec Microstella tool MSA 03.670 that is the issue. The star shaped hole is too small.
It does not fit the Rolex Microstella screws, at least my Horotec Microstella tool on Rolex 3035.
The Rolex Microstella tool Ref. 2019 fits very well.

And it’s not only the fit. Also the needle on the Horotec Microstella is ‘jumpy’ while the Rolex is nice and smooth allowing you to adjust the timing precisely.

Left – Horotec, right - Rolex

Rolex Microstella tool.jpg

On 11/27/2022 at 12:38 PM, clockboy said:

I have a had a member write to myself regarding the use of a Rolex Microstella tool supplied by Cousins not fitting the Microstella  nuts on a 3135 movement. He found a post I put up in 2019 where I had the same issue. I purchased a vintage Microstella tool which fits great see below. Maybe the Microstella nuts are not all of the same size. 

6984FDFC-8AEC-4668-8B6E-168E357698D6.jpeg.8ee1b9b44fcb865d77d539591c28ff8e.jpeg

Whats with all the extra, it looks more like an auto oiler than a spanner. I remember seeing one of these on ebay when i started,  it went for next to nothing.  I'm guessing nobody knew what it was.

12 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

I remember seeing one of these on ebay when i started,  it went for next to nothing.  I'm guessing nobody knew what it was.

A lot of it has to do with how the person describes whatever it is they're selling. It becomes quite amusing where people will sell an item that if you look carefully they don't actually quite really describe what it is there selling and then it usually can be had for a really good price. That is providing they can at least get it in the proper category so you can find it in the first place.

• Like 1