Battery for a Ladies Pulsar Quartz, V783-x003

My wife owns 2 of the Ladies Pulsar Quartz,model V783-X003 watches and neither is working. Would someone know where I can 1) obtain manual? Digital is fine, and 2)anyone know what battery this model takes?

This model has a screw down watch back with notches.  I’d rather get the batteries first beforeopenimg the case back

o

On 11/25/2022 at 1:25 AM, HectorLooi said:

It might be a good idea to open up the case back and have a look at the condition inside first. If the old battery has leaked until it's a mess inside, then you will have to make the difficult decision of whether it's worth repairing.

Good luck.

Hello HectorLooi,

Im glad you posted this recommendation, and I followed up by opening the case back on both watches.  The watch with  number 3D0440 had a Seiko battery in it and it was the SR621SW.  I opened the other watch which had case number 270330 and I was surprised that the battery installed was a Renata 377.  

So I ordered the Energizer 364/363 on Amazon and the package came about an hour and a half ago.  After eating supper I replaced both batteries and both watches are working again!  The diameter of the SR621SW, the Enegizer 364/363 and the Renata 377 are all the same, but the thicknesses vary.  The SR621SW and the Energizer 364/363 show thickness of 2.15 mm, but the Renata 377 2.6 mm.  I'm not sure if that varies but I'm glad to get a close replacement for the SR621SW that has the same thickness.

All three batteries spec sheets show 1.55 for Voltage.

I've now repaired a total of 7 watchs (all electronic) since joining Watch Repair talk.  Two may be beyond repair.  I took my Dad's WW2 Jaeger-LeCoultre E159 P478 Military Circa 1945 watch to an authorized seller and repair place near my house.  It's now in Switzerland being repaired.  It think that would have been "A Bridge Too Far" given my lack of knowledge, but these forums a great with helpful people. 

I have a third watch that's my wife's (a Seiko 1NO1-0CS0, case # 471682) to do and the battery will arrive Wednesday.

Thanks HectorLooi!

• Like 3