Where to buy small watch screws

Is there a supplier who sells an assortment of small watch movement screws.

I have looked at 10 or so suppliers, including Otto Frei, Cas-Ker, Esslingers, Jules Borel, CousinsUK and others. They all have screw assortments but none of small screws like you would use on bridges in watch movements.

Thank you very much!

Steve

30 minutes ago, signcarver said:

I have looked at 10 or so suppliers, including Otto Frei, Cas-Ker, Esslingers, Jules Borel, CousinsUK and others. They all have screw assortments but none of small screws like you would use on bridges in watch movements.

Thank you very much!

Steve

I have looked as well. Very recently I bought a collection off ebay. Disappointed. I was gunning for American watch screws. For Swiss screws that I have needed, I made them because my screw plates can cut those threads.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, signcarver said:

Thank you very much!

Steve

Occasionally old swiss or American joblots crop up on ebay. The bridge and cock screws tend to be the larger ones in a watch movement with the crown and rachet having the largest heads. A general assortment from most suppliers should include some of those sizes.

• Like 1

I have bought cousinsuk screw assortment and there are some very small screws there. If you’re looking for a specific type of screw there are possibly more.specific screw selections available.

Tom

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Ebay is the best place look each day as its always changing. It's a very good place to look for old stock

Thank you oldhippy. I will set up a saved search on eBay to be notified every day.

1 hour ago, tomh207 said:

I have bought cousinsuk screw assortment and there are some very small screws there. If you’re looking for a specific type of screw there are possibly more.specific screw selections available.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I did see a few assortments but most of them seemed to gravitate towards pocket watches, case screws and the like.

3 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Occasionally old swiss or American joblots crop up on ebay. The bridge and cock screws tend to be the larger ones in a watch movement with the crown and rachet having the largest heads. A general assortment from most suppliers should include some of those sizes.

Thanks Neverehoughwatches. I was looking at one collection today but very few screws. I'll be on the daily hunt on eBay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikepilk said:

Cousins do sell assorted bridge screws https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/screws-wristwatch-movement

I bought the mixed selection they sell. It contains a good mixture from very small to bridge screws. Some are new, some obviously removed from movements. They have save me many times.

image.png.2eef6f22bd000882b977a6f741474abb.png

@mikepilk - Thanks Mike!! On order.

2 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

They are all metric, so if there's no particular pitch callout they will be standard. You can find the pitches on Asco-Schurch (tap drill diameters for steel and brass as well).

Thank you nickelsilver! This looks like a great resource. Also, i bookmarked them on my suppliers list.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.