Ebel Stem Capture

Can anyone help with the stem of an Ebel 057.

The stem pulls out. I'm able to set the time at 1st position.

I'm not suppose to dissemble the movement as per my boss.

I'm looking for a screw to keep the stem locked in.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

P.S. the stem looks like it needs replaced.

Should I replace?

post-975-0-27444100-1436198665_thumb.jpg

post-975-0-22415000-1436198667_thumb.jpg

Edited by DavePak

It looks to me like it should just push in and lock in place as there appears to be a release button showing at the top middle right of your picture. You certainly require a new stem Dave.

I'm not familiar with that movement Dave, so I can't comment on it. I still think it is a button stem release though. Hopefully someone can chime in with good advice.

I didn't look close enough Oldhippy, it sure is a two piece stem. The biggest issue on close inspection would appear to be the pendant tube, it has pulled out of the case and looks in a bad way. The stem probably can be cleaned up and re-used, but a new pendant tube is required.

P.S. You're lucky if you can find an embarrassed smiley - all mine have left town! I haven't had access to smilies for a while, even if I use the 'More Reply Options'button. Where'd they go? :(

(That one I made myself. :))

This one works for me when I really need to show it.

doh.gif

• Like 2

That certainly applies to Roamers but the pendant tube is on the outside of the case in the pic at the top, rather than on the inner pan.

Yes, the pendant tube is on the case.

If the movement comes out the front then how can you get to stem release on rear of movement? You can't, hence the need for a split stem. [emoji9]

My Roamer pic... the "pan" you see is the case itself.

Yes, the pendant tube is on the case.

If the movement comes out the front then how can you get to stem release on rear of movement? You can't, hence the need for a split stem.

I can't believe how thick I'm being tonight. Especially as I'd already suggested that I was talking cobblers! I mean, I own three Roamers!!! Doh!

If the two piece stem is rusty I would always replace with new, removing the rust I found it made the stem weak and pulled a bit too hard the parts would come apart. The tubes I had a good range of spares from suppliers sometimes I'd turn one down so it would fit better but most times they would just press fit in then give a little tap with hammer and punch that would fit inside the tube from the inside and done.

My concern is the stem (2-part) should not release without depressing the release. Is there trouble in the movement? I was hoping I missed something that would let me secure it. Remember, I'm not allowed to tear it down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I understand you, but here goes. The 2 part stem fits into the watch in the same way as most, if you need to remove the movement you do so by pulling the stem as if you are setting the hands but keep pulling (some can be very hard to separate) but it will part. As it's a two piece stem the movement comes out from the front so you will next need to remove the glass, your pictures don't show any ring like you have with a Roamer watch, so I would think yours should just drop out, now you can remove the other part of the stem by means of a screw or a push in piece and the part will be able to be removed from the movement. You don't need to take the watch to pieces when it comes down to the two piece stem.

I get the impression that the complete stem is pulling right out of the movement when it should still be locked in place, instead if separating as it should when pulled hard.

As Geo said already, it looks like a push release for the stem rather than a screw.

It might be the setting lever is either worn out or has moved out of place. Either way, you need to remove the dial to investigate further.

Sorry all

I'm having trouble posting.

The watch came into the store with the complaint that he stem is loose. I pulled it and both parts came out. I looked for a screw to secure the stem. Since there didn't appear to be one, I thought there might be another way I'm not aware of. I would like to disassemble, but I'm not permitted to. If I could secure the stem, I can complete the repair. As was suggested the stem needs cleaned and possibly replaced. I was hoping I may have missed something.

Thanks for being patient,

Dave

Edited by DavePak