Say "No" to Rolex repair

Did I get your attention?

I delivered that art deco clock to the customer yesterday (the one posted in the clock thread) and he asked me if I would service his '60s era Oyster Perpetual.  He said the crystal "clouded up" from time to time.  I knew there was moisture incursion.  Looking at the watch, I could see some signs of rust at the lower edge of the dial. While this looked like a fun challenge, I do not have the tools to open the watch, I know parts are difficult to find and expensive, and a donor movement would be out of the question.

So, with a heavy heart, I sand "No."

Those who have followed my journey know that I do not shrink from challenges (not all have ended well!!), but I had to wave this one off.  I told him to seek a qualified watchmaker.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

He said the crystal "clouded up" from time to time.  I knew there was moisture incursion.  

Exposing the watch to direct sun light for an hour gets rid of the moisture/ cloud, a good trick before one gets the watch to repairman. 

Rgds