Computer Crash

Hi Guys. Watchweasol here my contributions will be a little slow now as my main lap top crashed. Power supply problem. Problem is a lot of my Data was on the machine although I have. Some on sticks and another machine.  I will still be on line and will be back full steam when I get another machine.     Cheers

• Sad 2

If your problem is with the power suply and not with the hard disk then you can easily recover all your data. There are USB to SATA converters that work just fine to use your disk on your new computer as an external disk and you'll find all your data there.

Then you can use your HDD as a backup media.

i.e.: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+to+sata+box&crid=3I1IEQ4ANU2XI&sprefix=usb+to+sata+box%2Caps%2C218&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Edited by aac58

On 11/13/2022 at 5:56 AM, aac58 said:

Then you can use your HDD as a backup media.

probably less of a problem today but if you're dealing with mixed computers old computers etc. something like this is nice because you can plug just about anything into it

https://www.amazon.com/AGPtek-Drive-Adapter-Converter-External/dp/B00BIE996S

On 11/13/2022 at 4:33 AM, watchweasol said:

Problem is a lot of my Data was on the machine although I have. Some on sticks and another machine.

as it's a laptop typically with limited or one hard drive you should think about a external hard drive to back up everything to. Because as you're well aware maintaining a huge collection of horological data can eat up a lot of space and is not good to have it on one hard drive only.