Seiko Duel Language Change

For future reference the Seiko 6119C and possibly others use the push-in crown method for both day and date quickset

The 6119c uses a slightly different method.

Shallow push for date

Deep push for day

The 7019 is push for day only.

• Like 1

Hi Clockboy, Glad you got it sorted. Brings back memories of when I got my 6139 Poque.  Read the user guide but could not get to work like yours.  Then found that it does need quite a hefty push all the way in for the crown to change the day.

:thumbsu:

clockboy there's always something new in this line of work, so don't feel so bad. You mentioned you have quite a few clocks to repair any good old English antique ones such as fusse brackets or longcase.

No problems just that big learning curve again.  

At present I have been working on two 400 day clocks both required new suspension springs + cleaning,easy fixes.

However was asked to look at a large non running French clock. The problem was found to be the escape pallet was broken. Spent all morning making another but the dame thing just still refused to run (I expect the old one that I used as a template was worn so the new one also was not good). I have now fitted a spare movement but have not had time to check all works correctly.