Seiko Duel Language Change

I recently purchase a really nice Seiko auto (7019-8180). Works really great keeps excellent time the only issue is it has a dual language dial. i.e. Friday also shows as V.

The issue is it changes the day to English at approx. midnight but & approx. 2.30 am it changes to Roman numerals.

Question: can I change the disc so the dominant display is English not Roman.

Before I remove the watch from the case I thought I would ask first.

post-234-0-44205700-1436001790_thumb.jpg

Try pulling the crown out to the first click. 

If you wind it forward, the day wheel should click over, wind it backward the date wheel will click over.

(or the other way around).

Try doing both until you have it figured out and then set the day (English) and date to the day before, pull the crown to the time setting position and advance the hands until the day/date changes, keep going until you get to the correct time.

Let me know if that work. Good luck with it CB.

• Like 1

Try pulling the crown out to the first click. 

If you wind it forward, the day wheel should click over, wind it backward the date wheel will click over.

(or the other way around).

Try doing both until you have it figured out and then set the day (English) and date to the day before, pull the crown to the time setting position and advance the hands until the day/date changes, keep going until you get to the correct time.

Let me know if that work. Good luck with it CB.

Thanks Jim tried that but no luck. Pull out one click & the date changes only & the only way I can get it to change the day is by adjusting the time i.e. past midnight. Wondering if I could just move the disc to achieve the correct sequence.

Sometimes the adjustment (as per JiminOz) needs to be done between 3 and 9 o'clock, as the change auto function starts and ends between 9 and 3 o'clock thorugh 12 o'clock.   Only other way would be to remove dial and push the date wheel round 1 notch (may even be possible to ease it round through the window using pegwood to avoid removing hands/dial).

Edited by canthus

Thanks Geo, Watching the vid has confirmed that there is something not quite correct with the watch.When adjusting the day i.e. turning the crown the opposite way it does not move the day but I can feel it catching but not turning the day wheel. I will have closer look when time but a lot on at present.

Yep I think you guys are correct however this watch was for my son who wanted an every day watch instead of always wearing his Breitling & I suspect he wants it now without the fix & I have a lot of clocks in at present so it's up to him.

I would really like to have look but time is not available.

PS include post I paid £21 off the bay.

Yep I think you guys are correct however this watch was for my son who wanted an every day watch instead of always wearing his Breitling & I suspect he wants it now without the fix & I have a lot of clocks in at present so it's up to him.

I would really like to have look but time is not available.

PS include post I paid £21 off the bay.

Have you read my replies?

Have you watched my video?

Have you tried to PUSH the crown?

Just push the crown as fan into the case as possible and it should engage the lever. Just make sure that inside the crown is clean and not packed with hard dirt, if so it might not work. 

It should move the day/date wheel on to the next one.

Geo I feel right plonker I have just never come across a watch with that style of adjustment. 

clockboy there's always something new in this line of work, so don't feel so bad. You mentioned you have quite a few clocks to repair any good old English antique ones such as fusse brackets or longcase.