Seiko SRPE65K1

Adie

This probably looks a bit cheeky but im very new to this and found this site and thought id risk an ask.  I have seiko SRPE65K1 watch which is a few months old.  Unfortunately i dropped it and the face badly shattered and the watch stopped.  I removed the movement and it started working again there were some small shards of glass on the face.  I ordered a new crystal and left the movement out covered by a plastic cup winding it occasionally. It worked fine for around 7 days until the replacement crystal came. I fitted the crystal and the watch seemed fine I wore it for about two days then it stopped.  Im happy to try give this a go and try and sort this. If  anyone has any pointers as to what the fault might be id appreciate it.  Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum, we usually like to have an introduction so members know whom they are talking to and their skill levels.   Can you post some pictures of the watch , front/back and the movement. Also what is the caliber number of the movement.     The symptoms you describe would lead one to believe that there are still some crumbs/shards in the movement and wearing it has moved them into a position causing the watch to stop.  So remove the movement and inspect the movement again. It may require stripping down and cleaning to remove all the debris hence the reason the caliber number would help should we be able to get a service/tech sheet for the watch in order to help you. cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. I believe the movement is an SR45. I did visit two shops and make an online enguiry about a professional repair. However, the best price i was offered was for a replacement crystal at over a third the value of the watch. It was also pointed out that the hands were out of alignment and other work might be required with the suggestion that a professional repair might be uneconomic. This is why as a complete novice I attempted this repair with a few cheap tools. Although I have been unsucessful I am inspired to read up on this further. Perhaps with bit more knowledge and some better tools I could consider further disassembling the watch. Im not expecting to succesfully repair the watch but I would like to have a better understanding of how the movement works. Thanks again for allowing this post and your suggestions.

Hi Adie  no problem, not sure just ask.   Have a read through the two documents it will give you a better understanding of how a watch works and the tools required for service and repair. pictures of the front/back and the movement always aid diagnosis.  The caliber number is usually under the balance wheel or on the back plate or even the rotor. a picture of the back plate with all the numbers as well.  thanks.

TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf 1612608791_ToolsfortheHobbyist (2) (1).pdf