Blank watches for arts projects

Hello everybody,

My fiance wants me to give her one of my watch dials so she can "customize" it and I like that but in the same time I don't want her to ruin any of my dials so is there a place where I can buy blank watches with cheap quartz Chinese movements so she can at least practice on them before the inevitable happens? 

18 minutes ago, Ammar said:

Hello everybody,

My fiance wants me to give her one of my watch dials so she can "customize" it and I like that but in the same time I don't want her to ruin any of my dials so is there a place where I can buy blank watches with cheap quartz Chinese movements so she can at least practice on them before the inevitable happens? 

A nice idea that has been discussed here a few times and something i intend to try. Some very old worn dials are beyond restoration imo, i have a few. Just look for old working or repairable watches with battered dials. As we have also been discussing just recently be careful with pre 60s radium lume dials, especially if completely stripping them to customise.

Thank you for the advice, I do actually have some old beat up watches but the problem is she is gonna make me "restore" the case and service the movement and all that for a watch that's not worth it that;s why I asked about blank Chinese watches I get her five of them and she doesn't nag me about watches for a while (I hope she doesn't read this).

Regarding that radium lume I haven't come accross any watch with that kind of lume yet but I'm sure I'll know it when I see it and I'll take the necessary precautions.