Got my mainspring in for my Seiko and got it up and running. Having a problem I have never ran into before and that is I can't seem to regulate the rate it's running way too fast, Timegrapher showing like 800 min per day, the rest of reading looks great, Amplitude 278, Beat Error 0 and I do have the lift angle set at 54.5 . Right now I can't see where the problem is. Thanks for the help as aways. 

58 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Partial fluttering?   Check if you get similar rate on bench or wrist.

Partial fluttering? Not sure I'm following you. Going to pull the balancer again and check it under my microscope to see if I'm missing something.

5 hours ago, wudce said:

Going to pull the balancer again and check it under my microscope to see if I'm missing something.

I don't see how an oscilator can beat 800min fast per day ( solid jet feul perhaps ).   Lets see if  bench test confirms your tg readout as the validity of your tg readout remains in serious question. 

Rgds

A sticky hairspring will gallop away but this will usually be accompanied by low amplitude.

A bent escape wheel pivot may also cause extreme fast running as some of the escape wheel wont 'catch' but this is easily noticed as the seconds hand will stutter.

Double check the hairspring for cleanliness and magnetism.

Anilv

11 hours ago, wudce said:

Got my mainspring in for my Seiko and got it up and running. Having a problem I have never ran into before and that is I can't seem to regulate the rate it's running way too fast, Timegrapher showing like 800 min per day, the rest of reading looks great, Amplitude 278, Beat Error 0 and I do have the lift angle set at 54.5 . Right now I can't see where the problem is. Thanks for the help as aways. 

What was it like before the new mainspring wudce ? Did you mean 800 seconds a day ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

What was it like before the new mainspring wudce ? Did you mean 800 seconds a day ?

Yes I'm sorry was meaning 800 seconds a day. Timegrapher is the Welishi 1000 and I did check for magnetism as I always do. Today going to be a good day to work, wife will be gone and going take the phone off the hook😉

6 hours ago, wudce said:

800 seconds a day. Timegrapher is the Welishi 1000

this is why I asked the question because most timing machines at least anything other than the Swiss machine can do over 999 seconds. There is a way of doing it with the witschi machines by just switching them the frequency mode and you'd read the beats per hour and then you have to do the math the find out your running really really fast

can we have a picture of the display when the watches running fast. Often times people don't see the things that we might get excited over.

Also it be nice to have both dial up then dial down and crown down at the minimum. Remember after you wind the watch up that she wanted to run for about 10 minutes before you actually time it even automatic watches like to settle down a little bit after the wound up

also look really carefully at the hairspring to make sure it's flat and not rubbing on the balance arms which often times is really hard to see and it's not bumping her touching anything it's not supposed to

Think I found the problem and not sure if I did this or was the way it was when I got the watch. In any case there is a problem with the hairspring and also this was causing the balancer not to set flat. I'm surprised the watch even try to run. The odds of me fixing this are slim to none knowing my track record with hairspring repair but all we can do is try and if we fail then we can say to our self I did my best. You can see in the photo how the outer coil is touching the one next to it what don't see how off center the balancer is.

IMG_021.JPG

Edited by wudce