Honored to be here

horologyluke

Hey all,

Like all of you, I too have just been bitten by the watchmaker's bug. I've always loved watches and have been planning to start my own business as a watch dealer, and in my quest to become an expert of all aspects of a watch, not just the market values and remembering reference numbers and such,  I decided it was time to really learn and understand the mechanics of how a watch works. This quest was originally meant to just be me reading and watching videos online so that I can gain just enough knowledge to be able to speak to customers, and just know more than the next dealer.

HOWEVER, I am smitten with curiosity and awe of this whole other world that is watchmaking, I have put everything else aside for the moment and decided to buy tools and a Unitas 6497 and just dive in head first. I just watched the Watchmaker's Apprentice, featuring the legendary George Daniels and Roger Smith, and now I can't stop thinking about watchmaking!  

Looking forward to this journey and it's exciting that I get to share it with you all to help me along the way.

• Like 1

Hello Luke and welcome to the forum.  Have a look at the "watchfix.com"  site for the online courses run by our administrator there are different levels and its self paced for you to fit in around your lifstyle.  attached a couple of documents for your interest.

1612608791_ToolsfortheHobbyist (2) (1).pdf TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf

• Like 1