What’s this movement?

Hi if you can down load a copy of the bestfit books, there is an identification section where you can compare the setting lever spring with the pictures.  what size is the watch in mm as that narrows down the search criteria.

There used to be downloadable copies on the site put there by Old Hippy  Search the term  "mediafire" as that was what Old Hippy used to put them on site.

7 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi if you can down load a copy of the bestfit books, there is an identification section where you can compare the setting lever spring with the pictures.  what size is the watch in mm as that narrows down the search criteria.

There used to be downloadable copies on the site put there by Old Hippy  Search the term  "mediafire" as that was what Old Hippy used to put them on site.

Many thanks!

you see on the dial side there is a number 150? Did notice next to the 150 it looks like a symbol but it also looks like glue on top of the symbol . Usually inside that symbol is a letter but I can't see it because of the picture and almost looks like glue. Then if somebody doesn't give you the secret location of a downloadable copy of the bestfit book I'll look it up for you but I need to know that and it be really nice to have the diameter measured on the dial side

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

you see on the dial side there is a number 150? Did notice next to the 150 it looks like a symbol but it also looks like glue on top of the symbol . Usually inside that symbol is a letter but I can't see it because of the picture and almost looks like glue. Then if somebody doesn't give you the secret location of a downloadable copy of the bestfit book I'll look it up for you but I need to know that and it be really nice to have the diameter measured on the dial side

Hi. Thanks guys. Dia 23.68mm. The symbol has been machined out at some time unfortunately. Attached more images of another same movement but this one has even less info engraved on it. Any help appreciated. No luck with best fit download yet. 
Ta. B

BB19487F-C37C-42D8-9D5D-C41506D9C240.jpeg

D30B5000-8919-4117-A503-DE491397E543.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Boydie said:

Dia 23.68mm

I've attached a chart to look up  millimeters size and converted to something useful for the bestfit book.. llooks like 10 1/2l.

aanother way to find it is to go here and search for the number.. Or somewhere on the site  you can enter in size and various specifications and will give you a list but conveniently I don't know where that bookmark is clear on your own the find that.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk

looking in the bestfit book gave me a clue and the website has a picture

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&FHF_150_0

then I'm attaching an image snipped out of the bestfit book.  This is why wanted the size because he can't look at a picture until how big it is and searching through all of these is a pain.  Which is why typically I won't do it unless someone gives enough information..

24 minutes ago, Boydie said:

No luck with best fit download yet.

one of the reasons I'm deliberately not being helpful on this one is I purchased mine. So not sure who actually holds the copyright even though somebody will come along and tell you where to download eventually for free.

fingerprint 150.JPG

watch-ligne-size-chart.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boydie said:

Hi. Thanks guys. Dia 23.68mm. The symbol has been machined out at some time unfortunately. Attached more images of another same movement but this one has even less info engraved on it. Any help appreciated. No luck with best fit download yet. 
Ta. B

BB19487F-C37C-42D8-9D5D-C41506D9C240.jpeg

D30B5000-8919-4117-A503-DE491397E543.jpeg

It is possible to pay for a download from the now registered owners, it used to be a tenner. WW helped me find it from old hippy's post, there was a couple of links to go through as i remember and  a password to open it once downloaded. I'm sure i wrote down the post link dates at home somewhere.

The password for the Bestfit books Old Hippy posted was tickandtock.   I have just checked and the references are still there   The search criteria is search everywhere so it loos through the posts for reference.

ie   Search       "mediafire"         verywhere (in the drop down menu)

7 hours ago, Kalanag said:

The bridge design of the FHF 150 is very different though!?

the fingerprint system identifies the watch by the setting components. Ideally you would have the physical bestfit book because the pages are printed to an exact size and the parts will lay on top of the book.

As someone else pointed out the bridge design has nothing to do with who made the watch. Lack should be quite common to have variations in bridge designs.

Then conceivably but I don't feel like looking it up it may be that both watches are actually the same would have to look up how the parts cross reference as to whether they cross reference.

Like for instance if somebody purchases OEM movement and re-brands it as their own and possibly changes stuff or possibly dozens then with the fingerprint system they may appear to be identical.

8 hours ago, Kalanag said:

this is where I purchased mine from which is why won't give you the link to where you can download it for free. It was my understanding that they have the copyright to it.  but it's still out there for free if you know where to look a just my understanding that they have the copyright.

22 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Many thanks!!!

4 hours ago, watchweasol said:

The password for the Bestfit books Old Hippy posted was tickandtock.   I have just checked and the references are still there   The search criteria is search everywhere so it loos through the posts for reference.

ie   Search       "mediafire"         verywhere (in the drop down menu)

Thanks WW!

8 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

the fingerprint system identifies the watch by the setting components. Ideally you would have the physical bestfit book because the pages are printed to an exact size and the parts will lay on top of the book.

As someone else pointed out the bridge design has nothing to do with who made the watch. Lack should be quite common to have variations in bridge designs.

Then conceivably but I don't feel like looking it up it may be that both watches are actually the same would have to look up how the parts cross reference as to whether they cross reference.

Like for instance if somebody purchases OEM movement and re-brands it as their own and possibly changes stuff or possibly dozens then with the fingerprint system they may appear to be identical.

this is where I purchased mine from which is why won't give you the link to where you can download it for free. It was my understanding that they have the copyright to it.  but it's still out there for free if you know where to look a just my understanding that they have the copyright.

Many thanks John. Very useful, all of that info. Different bridge makes a lot of sense. Cheers!

The copyright is with William S Mcaw and available for purchase, copies of the bestfit books turn up on ebay,etsy and the like from time to time but are expensive.    I believe the downloads on the watchguy site are still getable  for free as is the ones Old Hippy put on this site( already mentioned)  the actual books are better as explained by John   but if find the page(s) you want just print them out and keep them handy.

23 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

I believe the downloads on the watchguy site are still getable  for free as is the ones Old Hippy put on this site( already mentioned) 

somewhere I thought I read it on his website that he was asked to remove the offending bestfit books because of copyright infringement. But

https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/files

so at the link above you can see you can download stuff like tech sheets and all sorts of nifty technical documentation like possibly a bestfit book.

scroll down to the miscellaneous technical and then in there is the word bestfit click on that

I always find this website a little strange in that when you click on whatever you want to download you basically go back to the homepage and the download link is at the very top of the page you'll see that it's actually appears to be two separate volumes but there it is and it's free

but there is a problem with the PDFs and that is their PDFs. They're wonderful if you have a general idea what's in there in the witschi looking for but ideally really went the physical blocks also. They want to pick up the physical books  from time to time and found through them because there is so much information here it basically becomes impossible remember everything in their. Job that means everything to pick up the book you'll discover new stuff but it's all very useful and helpful stuff.

then looking at the website where I purchased mine from $10 for something that's worth its weight practically in gold it's well worth it somebody's responsible for scanning it and having scanned documents it's a real pain so somebody did this they should be rewarded.

But here's something you can't download sort of and it's not $10 hits $100 basically that's the online version no pictures no PDFs of the book. But if you want to cross reference parts you can do that.

https://mccawcompany.com/product/bestfit-material-matsys-for-life/

• Like 1