Seiko Spring Drive

• 3 years later...

I was hoping to see some repair videos, or movement reviews on this variety of watch movement, however, I can't seem to find any here. Youtube does have one build video of these watches by a factory rep in a jewelry store. 

There are many technical reviews on the net for Seiko Spring Drive. I recall a very good one with detailed pictures which was done at an American horological academy few years ago, you should be able to find it with Google. 

The reason why there are no repair or service articles is that by one side the owners are unwilling to give the watch to anyone but Seiko, and on the other hand even competent watchmaker are unwilling to touch these, as they are unfamiliar with them and would not get parts from Seiko.

In fact even Seiko service centers anywhere In the world will send to Japan the Grand Seiko, Credor or Spring Drive models given to them for service or repair. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jdm said:

There are many technical reviews on the net for Seiko Spring Drive. I recall a very good one with detailed pictures which was done at an American horological academy few years ago, you should be able to find it with Google. 

The reason why there are no repair or service articles is that by one side the owners are unwilling to give the watch to anyone but Seiko, and on the other hand even competent watchmaker are unwilling to touch these, as they are unfamiliar with them and would not get parts from Seiko.

In fact even Seiko service centers anywhere In the world will send to Japan the Grand Seiko, Credor or Spring Drive models given to them for service or repair. 

Right, even parts to the bracelette, Damaged bracelette on mine, I am not going to pay an arm and a leg.