Attachments not loading.

Regular members get 3 hours to edit posts. 
advanced members, patrons and supporters get longer. 

it’s documented here…

closing this thread as it’s been answered and is now going off-topic. 

• Thanks 2

• Mark locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• The rollers look the same to me. I think the 620 pic is incorrect
    • I removed the mainspring from the barrel and was surprised to see one which looked like this I expected an S shaped spring
    • The pinions are luckily quite crisp in the teeth and so on. The stem thread got a little thinner after scraping the rust away but seems to be strong enough in construction. 
    • Good news. Pinons don't look too bad from the photos do you think they're re-useable? 
    • Thank you so much for the warm welcome! And even a fellow Norwegian ❤️  I already love this forum!  My first and only little project so far was a Seiko KZ211K1 / Landshark / Atlas 7s36 movement. I have a friend who is a real watchmaker and he told me this was a pretty bad decision for a starter movement, but now I have already dissembled it so its no way back Im afraid. One of the first screws I ran into was so small you have to use a custom screwdriver from Seiko or make one yourself of your smallest one. That felt like to big of a challenge on my first hour... but I somehow managed to get it done, and It felt so good!  Next step now is cleaning. I have tried to learn what chemicals to use, but I understand this is a somewhat complicated subject. And we seem to have pretty strict rules in Norway so a lot of the brands and chemicals I see online are impossible to find.  I think I will start with IPA which I already bought, and maybe buy Zippo Lighter Fluid? Honestly, this movement looks so clean, which was somewhat of a disappointment. The movement would probably be a lot better off If I had just let it be. But at least now I can learn some stuff.  A few things i learned: -I loved working on these small things.  -The parts were a lot smaller than they looked on youtube 😉  -I need to focus on taking my time. I was rushing and making mistakes because of it. Cant wait to find another evening to work and learn!