Citizen Eco Drive with W760 movement problen

I have a Citizen Eco Drive Proximity watch (it has Bluetooth) with the W760 movement which does not seem to be working.  I've had it operating in the past with charging at least well enough to tick and set the time; I let it discharge from not exposing to light for a while and tried to get it to charge and only got the low battery 2sec ticking.  Removed the battery, measured the voltage which was  between 2.6 and 2.7 volts, which I thought should be enough for proper operation.  I reassembled the watch and now it doesn't tick at all.  There is only one way to properly insert the battery.  Anybody out there ever deal with this movement or the similar W770?  Citizen won't sell parts and just suggest sending it to them (for what in my experience has been rather expensive prices for the worth of the watches) so I'm buying a battery for it off Ebay.  Maybe it's the cell.  Otherwise it'll probably be experimental for my watchmaking abilities!  Any help or suggestions?

Thanks for the replies!  It is amazing how long it takes to fully charge the watch even in bright sunshine!  A miracle has occurred!  I got out my regulated DC power supply, set it for 3.6 volts and 8ma and actually charged the battery manually.  It's a 3v Maxell which has 2 horizontal "ears" 180 degrees away from each other which locates the battery in its niche  and 2 vertical "ears" which actually conned the (-) to the movement.  Once I got above 2.8v I reinstalled the battery, felt a vibration, then the watch worked!  Again thanks to the responders.